2010 Ford Escape Hybrid

Treat Yourself and the Environment by MusicTeacher from Oklahoma City on 07/01/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Over the last 8K miles, this SUV hybrid has been doing 39 mpg in city/hwy combined since purchase in October 2009. Easy to drive, handle, pump gas without having to remove cap, rear view camera, sensor assisted reverse gear, use of voice activated phone and iPod, heated seat, sunroof, stylish chrome accent, seperate temprature control for driver and passenger, etc.
Cons: This hybrid model costs a few thousand dollars more than the regular model. But, you will receive cash benefit in tax return, if you file correctly.
Overall review: I used to pump gas every week, now it's only once a month. I used to change oil every 5k miles, now it's only every 10K miles. This car will help you learn how to drive efficiently by showing you when it's running on self-charging battery and when supported by gas. I used to drive so ignorantly by wasting gas in order to be the first in line for absolutely no beneficial gain for anybody. Now I drive economically and environmentally sound and in peace. Voice activated phone calls and music play are such a treat, free from stress and danger. Both iPod music and Phone call voices sound better and more clear through Sync.
Satisfied and Tickled too by Jeannie from Fayetteville on 03/24/2011. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love everything about this car. In town we get 29. 5 miles per gallon. On the road we get about 27 mpg. At our vacation home where the terrain is flatter, we get nearly 39 mpg. Another plus: it is very roomy. It has plenty of acceleration and have had no problem with it in rain and snow. I also love the color of the exterior and interior, the dash board., the sound system, and the ability to take phone calls "hands free" over the sound system. I wish I'd sprung for the gps but thought my cell phone's gps was good enough (wrong!). I've seen the ford gps now in other ford vehicles and wish I'd known then what I know now.
Cons: This is sort of "con". I didn't think it had good enough rear vision so since there's almost always only two of us in the car, I just took the head rests off the back seat (stored them under the front seat in case I did have a passenger -- they just pop right back in). Now I have all the vision anyone could ask for.
Overall review: I'm nearly 63 years old and I've had so many cars I can't remember them all. The most memorable was a 1967 ford mustang I had which I sold when I went abroad (always regretted selling it). It was baby blue and a convertible. I've also had a volkswagon, a number of ford models, a wonderful volvo (but it developed an electrical problem and I've been warry about them ever since). I also had two versions of the mercury sable. I loved my 1989 sable but after 189,000 miles I traded it in on a 1996 sable only to discover that they'd changed a few things and I didn't like it at all. It was not as roomie and just seemed "cheaper". I only kept it a couple of years. My favorite (after the '67 mustang) was an ML 320 mercedes but I didn't like the cost of servicing it. I traded it in on the Escape Hybrid and haven't looked back. I bought it in June 2010 and drove 5000 miles on it in the drive to our vacation home and back. Recommendation: Buy it!
One for the future by Bob and his Green machine on 11/12/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the gas milage. Just returned from a 1500 mile trip,averaged about 31 MPG. Get around 35 MPG city driving. Very peppy,for a 4 banger. And moves out at 75 mph on the highway,still has some pedal left.
Cons: Well, I think the front seats feel like sitting on apark bench....Ya, thats what we need on a long drive hard seats....I guess thats the recycle water bottles......rather have a nice SOFT seat.
Overall review: All in all, its a great car. And I guess its what will be the future of all cars. Either hybreds or electric the writings on the wall, we must conserve our natural resourses.
Efficient and roomy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/17/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Roomy, comfortable, efficient. Good backseat leg room even with big adults in the front. Good cargo space. Combined gas milage in teh high 20's so far
Cons: Gas engine can get a little noisy when accelerating.
Overall review: Only had it for two weeks but very happy so far
A SUV to fall in love with. by Hugh on 07/27/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Equiped with Microsoft Sync.Visability very good
Cons: Gas engine is noisy and the ride is rough
Overall review: I would buy it again over all others in it's class.