2010 GMC Acadia

A Good Surprise by Pleased in Denver on 11/10/2010. Trim: 2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great cargo space, and even at 6' 6" my husband can get into and comfortably ride in the 3rd row for trips around town. The window sizes are great, and you get a nice view of the road from all rows. Seats are extremely comfortable, after many long road trips we don't get road fatigue like we used to. There are a lot of comments about gas mileage, it's a big heavy vehicle and I know my driving style affected my milleage. Heavy foot on the accelerator right out of a stoplight made for worse mileage. Our previous SUV's were 4x4 so they ran only 2 wheels when not in 4x4 mode, our Acadia is AWD and runs all wheels all the time, something to consider if you are comparing various vehicles.
Cons: The silver trim on the front air vents would blind me when driving in the sun, espeically on those long trips where I'd head in one direction on the Interstate for hours. GMC special ordered new trim pieces and replaced them for me so it's not even a con anymore. New trim looks better than the old. There is no middle headrest. And here's a really out there one-if you have a carseat in the middle of the middle seat and sit next to it, the seatbelt buckle will poke your hip, HARD. It's just not recessed enough.
Overall review: We are year round outdoor enthusiasts who were loathe to part with our 4x4 but needed more seating. I was not prepared to like the Acadia as much as I do, but when I drove it for the test drive it was the clear winner for performance for me. After owning it now for nearly a year I like it more than ever for what we use it for. It's not going to be a super fuel efficient vehicle, if you're looking for that you should shop for something smaller and less heavy, but it's comprable for other vehicles it's size and class. The Acadia's bulk and size get me through snowy mountain roads (paved) and the cargo space is ample for everything that we should haul ourselves (no dear, we're getting the new fridge delivered). However, it doesn't drive like it's big and bulky. It feels quick and responsive and much smaller on the road than it actually is. You might be fooled into trying to squeeze it into those compact parking spots! Overall, just right for us
Worst Vehicle I Have Owned in 40 years of driving by Previous GMC owner Sacramento, CA on 10/20/2013. Trim: 2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 FWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: AWD and Feel of large vehicle safety standpoint
Cons: WORST CAR I HAVE OWNED IN 40 YEARS OF DRIVING AFTER 600 MILES AND TOWING TO DEALERSHIP TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE STEERING MECHANISM I SHOULD HAVE NONE REPEATED MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL,, EMMISSIOINS ETC ETC. OVER 40-50 VISITS TO THE DEALERSHIP MANY TIMES REPAIRNG THE SAME PARTS FOR THE SAME ISSUES
Overall review: WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER GMC PRODUCT EVER EVER AGAIN I AM DONE WITH GMC
Multi-person hauler by Robert on 06/03/2012. Trim: 2010 GMC Acadia SLE AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Secure feeling as you travel in poor road conditions, especially it's handling in slippery braking conditions. I also get a kick out of what happens in a passing stiuation, when you tell it to gittty-up at full throttle (hang-on and keep your comments to yourself!) I love the comfortable seating, especially the heated seats. The Bose audio system is outstanding, coupled with the XM radio and beautiful cd player, you have hours of entertainment as you travel. I enjoy that the radio volume increases as you increase speed and related road noise, which is rather hushed in the first place. My daughter loves the rear seat earphone jack with it's independent radio controls.
Cons: Parking this large a machine is a little more challenging than was our Corolla, but the rearview television and the back-up warning system greatly aids in doing so quite easily. It would seem a little more secure if the downshift was controllable earlier when traversing a long canyon down hill grade, but I've never felt the disc brakes to seem to be fading due to overheating.
Overall review: Classy looking, fine riding machine!
Fun SUV to drive by RV from California on 07/21/2010. Trim: 2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The vehicle has lots of people space. I am 6'2 and I have more room in the driver seat, then my old Tahoe. The captain chairs in the second row slide back and are great !!!
Cons: The mileage has been a little disapointing. After driving with my wife, I told her to accelerate a little slower and keep the RPM's below 3000, and the mileage has gone up. The Acadia has lots of power.
Overall review: I have read other reviews and can say that we love our Acadia. The vehicle handles great and I am very glad we purchased it over a Tahoe or Yukon.
Not a Safe Vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/20/2014. Trim: 2010 GMC Acadia, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Absolutely nothing.
Cons: One recall after another. Now the steering makes noise all the time.
Overall review: Do not like. Wondering with all its problems if one of them will cause you to have an accident and get you killed. They are not in any hurry to fix it either.