2010 Ford Flex

"Looks boxy but that's unique" by KCslim on 12/11/2012. Trim: 2010 Ford Flex SEL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The Flex has plenty of leg room, the seats are comfortable, adjustable and heated. Our kids are impressed with all the features sync and such. My husband loved the interior leather seats. Arm and headrest could be improved for the driver.
Cons: Just found out when the rear facing infant carseat is in the back, a passenger can't sit in the middle seat... Even when the middle seat is positioned up as far as it can go. Also, no one can ride in the back if the carseats are in the middle due to the seats having to be buttoned lifted each time u get in and out of the back, so the carseats must be in the back unless no other passengers are riding. We have 2 carseats, rear and forward facing. Therefore, only 1 passengers can sit in the middle opposite side of the rear facing carseat. Not enough room when carseats are installed and u need the extra seat. Also the step up to get in and out is annoying especially if u have bad knees.
Overall review: Deluxe, drives smooth would reccomend for a family with kids out of carseats though.
One Exceptional Ride! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/01/2012. Trim: 2010 Ford Flex SEL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I've been blown away at the ride, room, quality, and gas mileage of this car! I researched the Flex as well as the other leading cars in it's class and was a bit skeptical at times that it was equal to the good ratings it consistently received. However, after putting a lot of miles on it I'm very pleased to say it's the best car I've ever owned and I just sold my BMW 525i to get it. The ride and quality are fantastic. The room is unbelievable! I'm 6'3'' , 240 lbs. and I've found it to give me plenty of room to move even in the back. The gas mileage is great for a car this size. I can get 26mpg at 70 mph on the highway and average about 22 city and highway. Thank you Ford!
Cons: Although the SYNC system is an awesome asset it takes some getting used to. You have to be sure other bluetooth phones are not on or it can cause confusion in the system. Also, if there is extra noise even like wind it has trouble understanding commands at times. But the good definitely outweighs the bad.
Overall review: Overall this a unique car with it's size, gas mileage, singular styling, room, and smooth ride. If you need seats to easily accompany 7 passengers on trips and still get a great quality car and ride then this us your car. Ford is leading the way in the use of new tech to make cars safer and effective in a technological world. The Flex is a cutting edge family car that looks cooler than any van too.
Comfortable, Stylish, Different from the Crowd by OR Seedman on 12/04/2011. Trim: 2010 Ford Flex SEL AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fantastic Headroom and 2nd row passenger legroom. 2nd row stadium-type seating let's passengers see out the from windshield. Telescoping steering wheel a big plus since I have short arms for my height and I like the steering wheel close. My wife is enjoyning the SYNC system with here smart phone (her primary vehicle) Handles like a much smaller vehicle. We have owned SUVs and a mini-van along with sedans, but this is by far the vehicle we enjoy the most. Ford quality much-improved in the last couple of years. Because of the amount of headroom, my wife tells me I look small in the front seat (I am 6ft, 235lbs former pwr lifter) sort of a blow to my ego...
Cons: As other reviewers have mentioned, the front seat headrests take some getting use to. They don't let you lean your head back, but they do keep it in a very comfortable position overall. door armrest is too low for me to use with my left hand on the steering wheel. I have the same problem in my F350 Dually Crew Cab 4x4....not sure who actually designs the seating positions like that; I like to rest my elbows on the center console and the armrest when driving...seems to be a common issue in several different Ford models I have driven....
Overall review: Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone that wants more room than most of the current "cross-overs" offer, but with great handling and not the run-of-the-mill sloping lookgs everyone else seems to be leaning to. Also, we have no complaints about the stock V6...plenty of power for merging or passing
The Ultimate Kiteboarding Machine. by Mary on 04/03/2011. Trim: 2010 Ford Flex Limited AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is a very quiet and smooth riding car. I needed a vehicle with the room of an SUV after selling a Suburban. We have had it now one year, trouble free, and a fun car to drive. The detail of the exterior and interior are beyound impecible. We are very glad to back with Ford.
Overall review: I would recomend this car to anyone looking for a nice ride. The AWD was great with all the snow we had this year. Comming off 4WD, this did as well.
Love My Flex by Debbie, mom in MD on 12/28/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Flex SEL AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love everything about my Flex. I have owned it for a year. I have never been as happy with a vehicle as I am with my Flex. It is so "Flexible". I have as much space for people and luggage as I had with my mini-vans. It rides and drives like a luxury car. Recently we were forced to drive it in the snow, the AWD handled incredibly well. I'm sold!
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: Overall, I would and have recommended it to everyone. It's a great family vehicle! It's a comfortable and classy alternative to a minivan! I've had zero problems with mine!