2010 Toyota Tundra

The future of Pick Up trucks by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/07/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade 5.7L Double Cab 4X2, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Tundra is just something else. Never will go back to American trucks. Has a lot of power and towing is amazing. BTW it looks so nice when towing a big trailer.
Cons: The gas?. Everything has its price.
Overall review: Wonderful truck.
Toyota's secret by Doubler on 06/09/2013. Trim: 2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L Double Cab 4X4, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Roomy and powerfull in the SR5 Edition. Accelerates and tows well. Good looking truck inside and out.
Cons: Ownership cost on routine maintenance are through the roof. Traction/stability control always kicking in..in 4x4 mode, grinds like the transfer case is gonna explode. Major problem with the air induction pumps, Toyota's dirty little secret; it WILL put the truck into 'limp mode', and you will crawl into the dealership for replacement at 35 mph. Dangerous. Toyota refuses to do a recall, they extended the warranty on these components to10 years/150K, and will fix it once..after that, your on the hook for a repair that can cost you up to 4 grand!
Overall review: I simply can't recomend this truck, the value they tout so extensively is just not there. The dealership whisked me out, (after they had my truck for 2 days), after the air pump replacement like I was on fire...you could see the embaresment in their faces. How they can sell consumers a vehicle with KNOWN design/engineering flaws is beyond me, this is no way to build trust or brand loyalty. This is my first, and last, Toyota.
TOYOTA, MAKING THINGS CHEAPER... by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/26/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade 5.7L Long Bed Double Cab 4X4, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It's a longbox SR5 w/ upgrade package which has higher standard features than the regular box, to be clear. I like the styling of the truck, although they're due for a change. Great payload and towing ratings for a half-ton. Lots of creature comforts and safety features (2010 has higher safety rating than previous years) that make me enjoy driving this truck. Lots of room in the back of the double cab. The tailgate damper is great and even works in northern Alberta winters (-40)! Tons of storage space in the cab, I still haven't found a good use for it all! I find the stereo great, and very easy to use with and without the steering wheel controls. The factory bluetooth is awsome!
Cons: LACKING THE OLD TOYOTA QUALITY!! Several electronic sensors have failed as well as several mechanical problems too! My Tundra seems to need constant life support! It does live a rough life but that is what should be expected for a truck. So far I've had the shocks wear out and replaced with OME 3" lift shocks w/ new springs, the rear driveshaft was replaced due to a worn bearing, and now the front differential needs a rebuild! I also find that the truck really doesn't like the cold. They seem to advertise the extreme heat it can handle, but it was definately not built for the cold. Doesn't like to start, even when plugged in, and makes all kinds of squeels and groans until its warm.
Overall review: I'm not sure if I'll get another one. I bought this truck because I thought it would be the most reliable truck for my needs, but it has seriously let me down. Fuel economy isn't the top of my list, but this truck doesn't get anywhere near the advertised fuel mileage. The seats are supportive which can be nice, but after 7-8 hours of driving (which I do every week) I am pretty stiff. Overall I'd say if it weren't for the severity of mechanical problems I've had with it, I'd love it, keep it and eventually buy another. Unfortunately with my powertrain warranty expiring in 400kms, I'm afraid to keep it. WHAT HAPPENED TOYOTA? YOU USED TO MAKE GREAT 4X4S!
2010 Tundra is a great truck! by Big Mo from KY on 01/22/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade 4.6L Double Cab 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: V-6 with the 6 speed transmission gets better mileage (avg 20mpg) than the SUV I traded in on it. Interior room is excellent. Doublecab has plenty of room in the back, which was the deciding factor when comparing the Tundra to other trucks. Accelleration is excellent, truck is fun to drive. I have a base model, went more for function over flash, but you can get tons of options on it.
Cons: About my only complaint is that when washing it, get out a step stool or you will never get the top cleaned. Takes a little getting used to in parking lots, it is definitely a full size truck.
Overall review: I am definitely sold on the Tundra, will buy another one, might go with the Crewmax next time with a few more options. Be sure to measure your garage before pulling in!
The best truck money can buy, period! by Bill from Pensacola, Florida on 11/25/2011. Trim: 2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade 5.7L CrewMax 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Incredible power & acceleration, lots of room, most comfortable of all pickups driven, unbelievable turning radius. It can turn inside several cars. This truck can pull anything effortless. It is reliable as all Toyotas. The rear window goes down totally, large mirrors, paddle shifter. Same gas mileage as my Chev. Silverado and still on regular gas. The tailgate goes down slowly when you release it so it doesn't hit you and hurt you. Incredibably quiet both in town and on the open road. Best riding pickup truck I've ever owned and gets an honest 17 mpg overall and over 20 @ 80 mph on the road.
Cons: It is high and I am 5'9" & cannot reach things in the truck bed from the side. There is no step on the side to step up so you can reach things in the bed.
Overall review: Excellent to minimum magnificant. A truck that might outlast you. A real head turner.