2010 Chevrolet Malibu

Quiet Performer by Wells in north Texas. on 04/20/2011. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, Bluetooth, comfort, and since coming out of a 07 Accord EX-L the quietness is wonderful. Have the 4 cylinder, Lots of power. Love the remote start. The leather seats took a while to break in, but they are getting softer. Many Compliments on it's looks. I have the Tri-coat Pearl white.
Cons: Been to the Shop many times for various reasons, with acception of the A/C control, nothing major. The only thying I have against the enterior is, there are no secured compartments, you can't lock anything up from a Valet. The Fuel milage has not gotten close the the advertised 33. The best I have gotten was in the fall witn no A/C on. 29 mpg.
Overall review: My First domestic car since 79, and 7 emports, I am suprised how far Chevy has come up in the game. Even though it has been in the shop more times in the first year than all of my emport cars have, put together. The repairs have been made in quick order. I would look at another GM product. Keep up the good work.
Review ID: #552080 Is this review offensive?
WOW - Dumped Honda & Ford & avoided Toyota to try Chevy - no Regrets! by Antonio from San Juan Capistrano, CA on 11/24/2009. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: OnStar - PEACE OF MIND security w/automatic crash response and stolen vehicle location. Fit & finish is excellent on this vehicle. I came from a Ford Explorer Sport Trac, a Mazda MX-5 Miata and a Honda Accord. Toyotas are ridiculously overpriced & my parents both had bad luck with their older model Toyotas (Camry & Tercel). Honda dealer service has become HORRIBLE & the Ford Fusion was a reject. We LOVE this Malibu! Refined, elegant, smooth-revving, powerful 4-banger yet fuel efficient, quiet, comfortable, stylish, controls are logically placed and work well (except recycled button - see Cons below). GREAT overall car - AMAZED Chevy now rivals & surpasses Honda & Toyota in many ways!
Cons: Recycled Air Selector automatically defaults to A/C even if A/C is manually off - this should only default for defroster mode (not front vents for example) - we do NOT want A/C on when trying to avoid truck fumes in front of us by using recirculated air - clear design flaw. Rear visibility is limited while backing up, but far better than the Ford Fusion we returned. Hood dips down too much (for aerodynamics I guess), making it very hard to judge how far to pull into a parking space. Door sills too high forcing me to raise seat to rest my arm there, but making it now hard to enter/exit the vehicle (I'm 5'-8"). Rear back-up light was disconnected from factory - 2 mins to fix but shameful!
Overall review: Overall a very nice and impressive car - I'm VERY picky so I will always find some cons to mention about any car, and although I didn't give it any 10's, I sure felt it deserved every 9 (I find it hard to give anything a 10 unless it's absolutely perfect). Wife and I LOVE our new Malibu and I NEVER thought I'd try a GM car, much less a Chevy, but look how things work out! We had a Fusion for $1450 under invoice but found it to be HORRIBLE so opted to drive 30 miles (instead of 2 for Ford) and paid $1500 more to get the right and better car - this Malibu ($100 over invoice). No regrets! Resale and longevity are a worry but we'll see as you can't trust everything you read - sadly our closest Chevy dealer is 30 miles away but scheduled service I think can be performed at any GM dealer (like Cadillac) thank goodness. We're impressed so far & OnStar is HUGE plus with peace of mind while driving the infamous Ortega Hwy where people can run off the road and not be found for years...
“Chevrolet” Redefining what a car should be. by American on 10/15/2009. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smooth acceleration, good styling, well equiped, gas sipping, smooth ride, no blind spots, and best of all AMERICAN.
Cons: Overall I have only one complaint. Exiting the front seats could be better if the doors opened a bit more. Entering and exiting the rear doors are much easier.
Overall review: I would recommend this vehicles to anyone. Remember keep america alive.
The New Fun Car by SoCaliEd. Whittier CA on 12/10/2011. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Malibu is hands down a better performance car. It is a thrill to drive in the city, or wide open on the freeway. By contrast, we also own a 2012 Accord SE. We drove our Accord from California to Georgia, it was a boring ride. The Accord does not have any "zing". We drove our Malibu from Los Angeles to Vegas, it was an absolute thrill, all three and a half hours. Matter of fact, all of our ventures are in the Malibu, for the car is just plain "fun" to drive. We opted for the 4 cyl to save on gas. On a recent trip to San Diego, going a little above the speed limit, up and down the hills, we averaged 28 mpg! That's not bad for a 3400 lb 4 cyl car.
Cons: Slow shifting when using the paddle shifters. But, once you get the hang of it, it' a fun car to drive. More power from the 2.4 Ecotec. The new DI 2.5 in the 2013 Malibu addresses that issue. And, I'm not a fan of the two-tone seats.
Overall review: All of the cars I've driven over the last 30 years, this Malibu has been the most joyous thus far. I've recommended the New Malibu to all my family and friends. Although we currently own an Accord (being my wife has driven Accords most of her life), this will be our last one. The current Malibu is on par with the imports, and in my opinion, gets the nod for style, performance and agility. Some motorist want an "a" to "b" car. The there are those like me who want to go from "a" to "b", and have "fun" doing it. If you are in the market for a mid-size car, please drive the New Chevy Malibu, you will be pleasantly surprised.
The Best car by Kristel From Michigan on 05/17/2011. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle is one of the best I have ever drove. It handles well in all types of weather. It even does wonderful on snow and ice. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good car.
Cons: There is nothing i dislike about this vehicle except for the blind spots in the front. but overall its great
Overall review: Great car.