1999 Honda Accord

Awesome car!!! by JFK on 05/11/2011. Trim: 1999 Honda Accord LX V6 sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I've been spoiled with this car, it's comfortable and feels like it just fits me. Excellent visibility, comfortable leather seats and I'm now looking to buy something else and I've found that other vehicles just aren't as comfortable to drive. It has a V6 engine so it really takes off when you accelerate and it gets about 300 or so miles per tank - although I've never tried to run it dry to find out exactly. Lots of room in the trunk and a quiet ride.
Cons: It's too small and low to the ground for kid's car seats/hauling strollers, need the next bigger vehicle up... but the car is perfect for someone that doesn't have young kids.
Overall review: I'd like to get another one in the future when the kid's are older - it will probably be my next car after the SUV.
The car the just keeps going!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/24/2012. Trim: 1999 Honda Accord LX sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The reliability of this vehicle is second to none. I have 250k on mine and have saved thousands of dollars by owning this vehicle. I have never had to have anything major fixed. After thirteen years of driving this car in New England it still drives close to new.
Cons: Acceleration/ passing power is'nt great, but you can't expect much from a gas sipping four cylinder.
Overall review: I can't believe I'm still driving this car - I purchased it new and was expecting to get 7-10 years out of it tops. I think I'm going to aim for 16-18 now. I might change my mind if it ever needs any major repair (transmission, engine, etc) but all I do is change the fluids and the thing just keeps purring along, getting me 29 miles to the gallon. The fact that this has had to endure 13 brutal New England winters make it all the more impressive.
If this car was a woman, I married it. by alrightman on 08/24/2011. Trim: 1999 Honda Accord LX sedan, Owned 9 years.
Pros: comfort, controls, style, gas mileage, very low ownership cost
Cons: If I had to be really picky, it would be location of clutch master cylinder.
Overall review: I bought the car in 2002 with 40K. It's a 4cyl LX with manual transmission. And I love everything about this car. I went to the autoshow this year and I can not find a car that I would trade this car for even the new accords. It's got a charming character to it. The seats sits nice and comfortable, the controls are right within my finger tips when my hand is resting on the center console and it's got a nice smooth powerplant. It doesn't feel very big yet all my passengers got room. She doesn't not have a lot of high tech nor leather but that's exactly how I like it. Only thing I had to replace is clutch master cylinder. I would highly recommend the 4cyl manual transmission. You avoid most of the problem of EGR valve (V6) and transmission (auto). Now it's 210K, still gets 36mpg (yes I calculated correctly), still got good acceleration and I still love it.
Honda EX Sedan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/21/2010. Trim: 1999 Honda Accord EX sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Nearly maintenance free. Besides regular preventive maintenance and a starter replacement this care has been trouble -free. I have a total of 177,000 miles on it so far. This has been the best car I have ever owned in 55 years.
Cons: I'm disappointed that the driver's side leather seat tore along the outside and bottom side of the seat. It is not noticeable.
Overall review: I've done regular maintenance on this vehicle. I find having the brakes done by the dealer as needed has served me the best for some unknown reason.
The Worst Transmission by anti-accord on 09/15/2010. Trim: 1999 Honda Accord LX sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The best part of owning this car was selling it
Cons: unreliable transmission, road noise, high maintenance cost
Overall review: this accord will be my last honda.