2010 Toyota Prius

2010 Toyota Prius Prices
2010 Toyota Prius Fuel Economy
2010 Prius was worth the wait! by EcoFun on 06/12/2009. Trim: 2010 Toyota Prius Prius IV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I purchased a Prius IV in Barcelona Red with the Solar Sunroof package which includes the Navigation system. I had a 2005 Prius in Tideland Pearl with Package 6 (Nav, HID, Fog) and the 2010 is a completely different car. The advanced technology is apparent in ever aspect. Amazingly quick, especially in Power mode. I drive mostly in ECO mode, seeing MPG in the ranges of 58 in town and 52 on the hwy at speeds of 65 mph. At 55 mph the MPG is increased to between 58 and 70. Amazing!! At a full tank, the vehicle registers 630 miles to empty. At best, my '05 got 530 miles to a 10 mile fill up. That in it self is quite an accomplishment. The Solar roof keeps the car cool when parked, ambient temp.
Cons: Not too keen on the 15 inch wheels for the Prius II thru IV. They are most fuel efficient though. Two part aluminum alloy with a plastic cover. Would like optional rims with the IV. The back seat only has 2 cup holders and are located in the seat arm rest. With 3 rear occupants, there are no useable cup holders.
Overall review: Great new car, highly technical but easy to use. All in all, Toyota did a wonderful job keeping the Prius name well respected and kept the overall look in keeping with the Prius iconic shape. Pricing is higher for the fully loaded Prius IV and V than of the 2nd Generation Prius with comperable equipment. The 2010 Prius has the luxury aspect covered, but has good compition with the lower priced 2010 Honda Insight. Ford has it's new 2010 Fusion hybrid and Chevy might be on its way to having a hybrid. Toyota has definetely raised the bar.
Flimsy car, great mpg, pricey maintenance, crazy key system by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/15/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota Prius Prius III, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great fuel economy and quiet ride. Wonderful convenience of the keyless system but it comes at a steep (too steep?) price (see cons). Roomy interior for such a small car. Confortable commuting car.
Cons: Very flimsy car where too much has been sacrificed to mpg. Everything is thin plastic and foam. Incredibly low front clearance. Suspicious breaks on wet rough pavement. Expensive and potentially dangerous keyless system: if you lose your last fob your car has to be towed to the nearest toyota dealer!!! each new fob retails for $600+! Maintenance is pricey: independent mechanics don't like working on that car and you end up doing your maintenance at toyota which means poor service and high price. Parts are cheaps and break easily and yet retail at a very high price!! Toyota is clearly milking the hybrid gravy train and is taking advantage of people wanting an environmentally friendly car.
Overall review: I thought i was a prius kind of guy since I love quiet cars and I am pretty environmentally conscious, but the Prius 2010 was by far my most unhappy car ownership experience. It's cheaply built, it's expensive to fix, it's completely incapable of dealing with rough pavements and steep driveways. As a game look around Prius with hanging front bumpers attached with duck tape... that's because the clearance is so low, the front bumper always end up falling... I never trusted that car, and I never trusted toyota as I always felt taken advantage of buying parts and paying for maintenance at a premium price for a car made of plastic and foam. The key system alone is insane, do you REALLY want to pay $650 for a new key? Do you really want to be towed to a toyota dealer, pay for 2 new keys ($1300+tow+service) if you lose your last key? Not me! I just sold my 2010 Prius III, felt a huge weight off my back to finally cut my losses from the worst "car" I have ever owned.
Smooth Ride, Cool Technology and Great mpg by VeeJay on 06/18/2009. Trim: 2010 Toyota Prius Prius III, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very sporty, love the dashboard, digital displays are really geeky. I love to see how the energy flows while driving. I have test driven used Gen 2 priuses and I love the power on 2010 models.
Cons: The interior finish is cheap plastic finish. I wish it was more plush. While the seats are comfortable, some of the plastic parts rattle on rough roads.
Overall review: Overall, i love the car and the mpg. It has been only few days since i bought the car, I still have around 300+ miles to go before i go to a gas station. I love showing off the car to my co-workers.
Great Redesign! by Husker4theSpurs from Lincoln, NE on 06/17/2009. Trim: 2010 Toyota Prius Prius V, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Came from Gen 2 Prius and the improvement is amazing. Everything I didn't like about my '08 is much improved on the Gen 3. Quicker, better fuel economy, sportier looking, power mode for an actual quick driving experience (figured it was a gimmick), EV mode (all electric driving), much more comfy seat (heated as well), 17" rims that actually look nice. Rides VERY nice and much more connected to the road w/o feeling rough in the least. Overall I love almost everything about this vehicle. Integrated XM radio. More spacious and roomy (but not a ton). Love my Blizzard Pearl exterior! Stereo is much improved (still not as much as I'd like) and Nav voice commands are actually flawless.
Cons: That there's the same color headliner and cargo area regardless of interior color choice (not a huge deal). Maybe larger center console and door map pockets although I haven't found them to be lacking yet. I am trying to be honest here ... I can't really say much more about anything I could find improvement for and I'm generally quite picky. Seems the mic for the bluetooth phone connection is a bit more in the middle above rather than towards the driver in the Gen 2, so I have to be a bit more conscious to talk AT the mic. Seats are much improved, but still not the most comfortable overall. Rear headroom is again improved and satisfactory, but ideally would be better.
Overall review: I was hoping for improvement in the Gen 3, but I have been pretty blown away in actuality! The things I disliked about my '08 Touring Prius -- not very sporty, bland, ugly, a tad slow, seating comfort, stereo quality ... have all been immensely improved. I really like how the Gen 3 (especially Pkg V) looks ... the 17" rims look very nice. The interior is more traditional and pleasing and very functional. The mode buttons EV, ECO, PWR are a great improvement and I was shocked at how much PWR mode really does make the car more responsive ... generally it's BS/marketing. Coming from a Gen 2 Prius, I have to say this remodel is a great success. Car is much more steady on highway and all roads!
delicious by bob from what? on 06/09/2009. Trim: 2010 Toyota Prius Prius II, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: cute and cuddely
Cons: ugly and slow
Overall review: cute and cuddely BUT ugly and slow