2010 Scion xB

My speedy XB by LES on 01/01/2012. Trim: 2010 Scion xB 5-Door Wagon 4-Spd AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great car to zip around town with excellent acceleration when needed to merge into traffic on highway. Getting in and out of vehicle is easy even for my 6 ft tall frame. Plenty of headroom, I can even wear my ball cap. USB and Mini plug for iPod is very useful. USB allows me to control iPod from radio controls. Center located gauges seemed odd at first but after about a week I got used to not having to look through the steering wheel to see speedometer, etc. Auto shifter positioned perfectly along with the E brake handle. Gas mileage is a consistent 24 to 25 mpg in combined city/highway driving.
Cons: Driver and Passenger front seats are uncomfortable and too short under thigh. Optional armrest was a waste of money as it is too small and located at an improper location to use. Plastic everywhere inside, exudes cheapness as an interior. I had to take the center headrest out of backseat for better rearview mirror visibility. Forward visibility is limited by low roof line. The headlights are bright but lamp design causes a sharp cut off line limiting nighttime visibility. No separate clock to view in instrument panel, you must choose between temp, avg mpg, etc.
Overall review: The instrument panel will read in metric or standard so be careful when resetting the mileage or other trip odometers. Slowing down to 20 in a school zone resulted in some unhappy cars behind me actually traveling at 12 mph! My Scion XB is used mostly as a commuter vehicle from home to work and short trips around town and does it with confidence and reliability. I would recommend this vehicle for anyone using it for the same purpose. Road trips, maybe not.
We call it the "BOX" by RatFink on 10/21/2013. Trim: 2010 Scion xB 5-Door Wagon 4-Spd AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fun to drive and has been trouble free. Haven't even changed the spark plugs or brake pads yet. We have been getting 25-27 MPG consistently. Roomy, great handling, great power, and extremely fun to drive. Would buy another one in a heartbeat!
Cons: None!
Overall review: See the pros...
How to buy Toyota quality on a Law school student's budget by Rob durham nc on 08/10/2013. Trim: 2010 Scion xB 5-Door Wagon 5-Spd MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I am amazed at how much cargo i can fit in it! Roomy interior. It handles curves like a dream without a tire squeal. The 5 speed climbs most mountain hills without lugging in 5 th gear. Definitely can set the cruise control in 4th gear and climb most everything without downshifting. Carrying a load does not seem to affect this. I love the instrument cluster in the center. I always had problems seeing my speed in othre cars with the steering wheel set low. Great acceleration. In 3rd gear getting on the highway, i floor it and then just watch the road. Next thing i know, i am at 70 and shifting straight to 5th gear. I love the crash test ratings. Lots of storage under seats.
Cons: Only one cigarette lighter?! I would think that based on this car's intended market, it would have 2 or 3, with a 110v inverter outlet. Kids like their electronics! Also, why no factory roof rails? The Yakima rack would mount solidly, but instead i have to use Q towers. Not as sturdy. Once again, i think they missed something crucial for their demographic. Interior is a bit loud with the engine at 3000 rpm at 70 mph. I like the Alpine audio system, but tough to figure without the manual. Also, no daytime running lights. The driver arm rest is vestigial and of no use. A clock would be nice. Wiper delay is not adjustable. Still, these are things i wish were there. I LOVE this car
Overall review: Want a solid safe car? Want one that doesnt skimp on things like interior lights that brighten after you turn the key off? A car that fits two six packs under each front seat slid in from the back? (no, i do not drink and drive! I drink when i get there, but this is such a good example of how neat this car is designed). I have a 5-speed that is more difficult than other sticks i have driven, so id get an automatic if i were you, But i paid $11,700 for a 2010 with 82k miles, and it is hard to tell it is not nw
Gas guzzeler by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/22/2011. Trim: 2010 Scion xB 5-Door Wagon 4-Spd AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Size & Very roomy
Cons: Gas milage... Gas guzzeler for this size car. 17mpg max in the city
Overall review: This is a good little car overall. I have no complaints except for the gas milage. I work as a real estate agent and do a lot of local driving. That was the primry reason why I leased this car. The gas milage advertised is 22 city...big lie. I have never seen this in the city. I drive very gently and conservatively and the best I have gotton is 17. Huge difference... The highway milage is fine and true to the advertisements of 28. I spoke to Toyota about it and they said the engine needs to break in. I have almost 15k miles on it and still haven't seen anything past 17. Usually its between 16 & 17 mpg. Glad its a lease... 1 more year to go...
Like a mini SUV by Sarah on 08/26/2010. Trim: 2010 Scion xB 5-Door Wagon 4-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very spacious seating. Plenty of leg room in both front and back. No one has to give up comfort for the person in front of or behind them. good acceleration and turning radius. Spacious for a small car
Cons: Back seat is a little narrow for 3 adults. Has a hard time accelerating when full.
Overall review: I love this car. We've had it for a little over a year. We traded in an SUV for this little guy and feel that we've barely compromised on the space. It does very well for the everyday communte and is plenty spacious for driving friends around. The only problem we've come across is that it drags on the accelration a little when we fill the back with camping gear. Its also a little odd when I see more of these as delivery vehicles than privately owned cars.