2010 Ford Shelby GT500

Don't let the Snake Go by JeepGuy48 on 03/26/2012. Trim: 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: What can I say I have relived my dream at 47 y/o. It harkens back to my Military Days when I had a 1970 Boss 302 this One Is by far superior to the Nostalgic Boss this ride is great, with some throttle control that Live axle will cooperate without it,it will throw you around I could not be happier.
Cons: standard seats are comfortable but after a long drive you begin to feel it so I will be putting some aftermarket recaros other than that nothing else is wrong
Overall review: If You happen to have the money I highly reccomend it ,it is a pure adrenaline rush that will always get you great looks.
Compare to a camero not a vette by Justin from South Dakota on 03/03/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Is a fast car for the price.
Cons: Paint started flaking, steering feels off, can't compare to a zr1.
Overall review: Not sure what happened with paint, tried to buy a ford and now having to go back to my bowtie....
Old guy reviews new muscle car by Truckmeister forever on 11/10/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Zero to 60 MPH is a blast in this car. For an old muscle car guy, it's gotta be a stick shift. This GT 500 has a great "tranny". I like the simplicity of the car. It's not gaudy and you get the feel of the circa 1960's & 1970's muscle cars. The fit and finish is very polished and the interior design harkens back to a bygone era. Yet, it's got all the electronics you need and a great sound system. This car is surprisingly "civilized". It's a decent road car and you don't feel like you're managing an unwieldy machine.
Cons: You can't help using the tremendous low end torque and the mileage does suffer as a result. The GT 500 does not have independent rear suspension but it is nimble enough, especially in "sport mode (a track suspension setting)". The car has Cobra badging all over it but it doesn't say "Cobra" anywhere. I finally purchased a brass "Cobra" license plate holder to cure that problem.
Overall review: This car is without a doubt the best toy I have owned in all my 60 years. I saw an auction on cable TV where a 1965 Shelby GT 350 sold for $140,000.00. I'd much rather have my $50,000.00 2010 Shelby GT 500. Everywhere I go, people stare at this car and offer compliments. I actually have had to clean up my appearance because I feel like I'm giving a performance each time I drive this fabulous vehicle. It's hyper fast, nimble and just plain fun.
Wicked Snake by Mustang Man from Lubbock on 10/14/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The acceleration is awesome! People are always looking. It sounds as good as it looks. The seats hug you like a glove! It handles superbly. The interior is beautiful. Rides just like a dream. I have been wanting one for years and now that I have it, it is better than I imagined!!!!
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: This is a great car. If you can - get one. It is all that it appears to be and more!
The Very Best Mustang Yet!!! by SB in NC on 03/03/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The very best Mustang yet!
Cons: 0-60, 0-100, 1/4mile, lateral G's, fuel milage, top end, slalom, braking, Nurburgring times, and price favor the standard Vette over the Shelby.
Overall review: If you try to compare the Shelby to a Z06, well ... the results become even more skewed in the Corvette's favor. Why on earth would anyone with even half a brain compare the Shelby with a ZR1? $20k of investment and some slicks "might" beat the vette in the 1/4 mile. (Kinda like playing the if-a, would-a, could-a, should-a game.) Mustang fans probably should look to play in another sandbox rather than that of the Viper and the Vette or the sand will continue to be kicked in your face.