2010 Ford Transit Connect

2010 Ford Transit Connect Prices
2010 Ford Transit Connect Fuel Economy
A Musician's Dream Vehicle by Bass player from Dayton on 02/12/2011. Trim: 2010 Ford Transit Connect XLT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a nearly perfect solution to my needs. I carry a lot of music equipment, which I can now fit much more of in covered, out of view security. It also serves as my commuting vehicle. It's easy to park anywhere, handles much more like a small car. Excellent brakes, handles the highway with ease, even loaded. I'm amazed at how well it handles heavy snow and ice conditions. I went through a blinding snowstorm the day after I bought it, hauling equipment, have been through another snow storm and an ice storm. I had been using an F-150 for the same purposes, and the difference in convenience and gas mileage still amazes me.
Cons: I have the windowless panel van. It takes an extra measure of caution to back up, isn't difficult when you get used to it. The visibility of the door windows and mirrors is excellent, nearly makes up for the lack of rear vision, but a loaded F-150 using a cap or a crew cab isn't any better. The CD player can't handle MP3, which is inexcusable, even for a base sound system. A separate MP3 player is necessary, although there is a jack for one.
Overall review: This vehicle isn't for everyone. However, for hauling my music equipment and at the same time driving in traffic, parking, and gas mileage, it fits my needs better than anything else I've seen. The handling is excellent, the power is adequate to handle both in town and expressway in real world terms, not like a sluggish old VW van. Surprisingly steady in strong winds, amazingly capable in the snow. Easy to load and unload. This is far better suited to everyday usage than any van or truck I've previously owned. When not hauling gear, it's an easy to live with small car, not a huge gas guzzling, hard to park truck. My musician friends have all been amazed at this vehicle, have even commented on how comfortable it is on a three hour highway drive. This is the most flexible work horse I've ever seen. I and my family and friends have other Ford Focuses, have been pleased with their durability, and this is much like the older Focuses in many ways, only capable of truck/van hauling.
Best local delivery vehicle on the market. by MD from Dania Beach on 01/08/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Transit Connect XLT w/Rear Door Glass, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I own an Engine Parts Warehouse and we previously used picked trucks with toppers on them for our deliveries. I purchased a Transit about 5 months ago and we have 20,000 trouble free miles on it. The van is perfect for deliveries. The sliding doors make for easy access, it gets good gas mileage, is small but the extra high roof lets you climb inside to get product out. It doesn't haul booty, but will haul a lot of everything else. I would recommend this van to anyone in the delivery business. Not a passenger van. Don't bother with the seats. Get the cargo setup.
Cons: Some of the control knobs are blocked by the transmission shift lever. My driver says the speakers are insufficient for her country music collection.
Overall review: I am buying another one next week. Wish the electric one was out but can't wait for it.
Great Handicap Vehicle by Charles on 07/22/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Transit Connect XL w/Side and Rear Door Glass, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is our family car. I use a scooter and this van with it's high ceiling makes it easy to ride in and out or to put in a lift. We have already had people looking at the van, who are handicaped. We recommed it to all. It drives good, and handles good.
Cons: The only con is that you can't tow with it, even a light trailer, as no one makes a tow package.
Overall review: I love this vehicle, to drive or just to look at. I have already been asked if this is a Mercedes.
niche truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/03/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Transit Connect XL w/Rear Door Glass, Owned 1 year.
Pros: vehicle fills a niche for a small service/utility vehicle
Cons: console does not allow access to cargo area poor instrumentation, tachometer is a useless item, space is better served by adding full insturmentation
Overall review: appearance is good. easy access with the two sliding doors
It's getting better all the time! by Top Cat on 07/26/2013. Trim: 2010 Ford Transit Connect XLT Wagon, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I am 6' 5" tall, so I love the ability to enter and exit this vehicle without ducking, or hitting my head. I get about 26 MPG on the highway. The TC has great cargo capacity. The view out of the front window is BIG SCREEN! My wagon stands out in a parking lot. I just look up and I can spot it a mile away. I have driven Jeeps and light trucks before. Turning in higher, narrow vehicles can be an art. I expect some leaning, yaw, or perhaps a feeling that the truck may tip and roll. There is none of that in a Transit Connect. This wagon manages turns like a sports car.
Cons: My 2010 model did not come with good speakers. Rear speakers were not offered. The "A" pillar is too wide. The side view mirrors have big blind spots. The trans. is a 4 sp. auto. The TC needs more gears. The TC HATES snow & mud. The traction control system shuts off power in moderate snow, or mud, situations. On a plowed road, the TC is OK. At 57K miles, the right front wheel bearing failed. Expected in any car from 1970's or before, but not in this age of sealed bearings. If Ford makes it so that you can't lube it, than then should make it so that it will not fail. A nylon sling activates the rear seat lift. The sling slips off of the lift lock. It is a pain to fix.
Overall review: After three years together, I can honestly say that I love this vehicle! It is eminently customizable, and overall highly dependable transportation.