2010 Toyota Corolla

Dangerous Steering Flaw by ctcsme on 07/25/2011. Trim: 2010 Toyota Corolla Base 4-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very quiet at highway speeds with no wind noise, Seats 4 adults comfortably, Very good stereo, gas mileage is 34 mpg on highway.
Cons: On center steering at higway speeds was terrible. There was a dead spot on center where turning the wheel did nothing and then it caught on and dove in the direction it was being turned. If the road had transverse undulations the cars was all over the place. Thought it was me until I read onlines that many others have same problem and Toyota is invesitigating the problem. It's fine around town at 45 mph max, but at interstate speeds, it's like steering with sled ropes. If they fix this it will be a great car, but as it is, it will wear you out from constant steering input corrections.
Overall review: Gret car with one major and dangerous steering flaw.
Best Car I have Owned by BUSHDOG14 Fort Knox, KY on 07/16/2009. Trim: 2010 Toyota Corolla S 4-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Well I will tell you that I have owned a lot of other vehicles this size like a 2007 Honda Civic. This one beats out the Honda Civic and I will tell you why. Road Noise- this car has no noticible road noise which is very nice, the Civic is horribly loud and that's why I got rid of it. Interior- the interior on the new Toyota Corolla is very comfortable and I like the fact that I paid less for more, including a six disc cd player, side mirror defrosters, moonroof and awesome display, the civic has none of this for this price and its interior was uncomfortable and very small, the corolla is roomy. Exterior- Very stylish compared to the civic and it also looks meaner than the older models.
Cons: Nothing really except the small stearing wheel, but everyone is going to these wheels nowadays. Also I wish they would of put the clock somewhere else like above the cd player display.
Overall review: Great ride, rides great and get's excellent gas mileage. I love the fact that I can drive 520 miles on a full tank. I averaged 34.6 miles a gallon between the city and highway. On the highway I was getting 41 mpg. I love this car and will never go back to Honda ever again. Toyota is cheaper and more reliable and the interior is more comfortable. I don't know why anyone would choose a Honda over a Toyota. If you like loud road noise and a overpriced vehicle than go with the Civic, but if you like a nice interior, no road noise and a affordable great car, then go with this great car.
Steering Wandering Fixed now a Great Car by Vic S from Hopewell Junction, NY on 09/08/2010. Trim: 2010 Toyota Corolla S 5-Spd MT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: MPG, Manual Transmission, NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) is very good for a car in this price range, RIDE is excellent for a small car, Steering is now FIXED and no longer wanders after TSB fix of new steering computer.
Cons: Hated the steering until they upgraded the steering computer, now it's like my Accords, which is good. It used to have a bad on center wandering.
Overall review: I have 17,000 miles on the car. At first the STEERING on center wandering was TERRIBLE on long trips over 60mph. Toyota came out with a fix (involved changing the steering computer) and it's now a great car. Before that fix I felt I'd have to get rid of the car! I also own a 2004 Honda Accord and 2008 Honda Accord (both manual transmissions). The Corolla now drives similar to the Accords, which I very much like. The 1.8L engine is nice with the manual transmission. The manual makes it a JOY to drive. It's NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) is far superior to the civic and the ride is more like my 04 Accord, which is very good. I like downshifting into the curves, plenty of that where I live, and lots of hills. It does very well in hilly areas. Probably because top gear is wound up more than most vehicles. Even though the revs are higher than usual, it's quiet at 70-80mph and at 55 seems to have plenty of torque for the hills because of being wound up a tad more.
Excellent value and comfort. by Value Chaser from Wisconsin on 01/30/2013. Trim: 2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Own it....love it! We find the that the 2010 Corolla is gas efficient at 38 MPG in town driving and 40 MPH on the highway....also a snappy response when needed. We are seniors and enjoy the comfort of the interior and lack of road noise when we travel. Maintenence has been simple with Toyota Dealership taking care of the oil changes and regular check ups. Our Corolla also has traction control which is a great asset here in Wisconsin. winters.
Cons: None that we've found.
Overall review: We would highly recommend the Corolla to anyone interested in comfort, fuel economy, and low maintenence needs.
Far from a drivers car but for commuting and young 'family truck-ster'... by DBALL on 05/18/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota Corolla S 4-Spd AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Stereo - Pretty good response and volume compared to the previous generation. Highway Economy Reliability Running Costs Cabin Storage Trunk Space
Cons: Cabin Noise - Combination of road noise from tires and the typical Toyota Dash & Head liner rattles. Auto Transmission 1-2 Shift during normal driving is painfully slow. Had it in for service the second day thinking there was a problem but was able to drive another new Corolla and it was the same. The previous generation transmission was light years ahead and made the car enjoyable to drive. Seats - No Lumber support of any kind, Base tilts forward (has anyone ever wanted to slide forward into the column while driving?) Stereo and Clock - Convex plastic means in day light there is a nasty glare on the clock and radio making it take longer to check the time or adjust the audio.
Overall review: The Corolla is always a 'buy', it offers great value for the dollar, it's cheap to insure, very economical, and needs minimal maintenance. It is far from a drivers car but for commuting and young 'family truck-ster' duties it is a great choice The is my second one and for family usage it is hard to beat. I would look into something a bit different if it was solely my use vehicle. Comparing to the similar trim Civic I saved 3K on the purchase price, the Insurance is $45 a month cheaper (that works out to a tank of gas a month), and Toyota had better financing rates at the time.