2009 Subaru Impreza WRX

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Prices
2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Fuel Economy
WRX Hatchback by WRX yourself on 01/31/2010. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Surprisingly a lot of headroom for someone who is tall, I am 6ft tall and I still have at least 4-5 inches of headroom. Don't be fooled by the smallish appearance of the outside. Sit inside and you will be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to get in and out since the doors can open up at 90 degrees. Can easily accommodate 4 adults comfortably and have enough trunk space to store your bags for a weekend trip. Love the power, fast enough to overtake most vehicles out there when needed. 0-60 4.7 seconds, whats not to like?
Cons: Shifting throws are kind of long but tolerable. Switch to the Short shifter with bushings for a more solid feel and crisper shifter. Speaker systems are the worst around, it reminds me of my first boom box when if was a child. If you can get over the Rubbermaid interior panels, you have really one of the best vehicles on the road for the price.
Overall review: One of the best vehicles out there that provides all wheel handling, power, performance, and room for taller adults.
Subaru in the tropics by Frog for life on 07/17/2009. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the bodystyle compared to prior WRX years. 265/244 (hp/tq) = plenty of power to redline. Steering feel as good as any sporty car. Hatchback = lots of versatility. Boxer engine sound and AWD for traction. Seats are well bolstered and seating position is very good for driver and passengers. Gun-metal color are nicer than '08 silver, despite being the same rim.
Cons: Factory radio could be stronger with volume and bass/treble. Arm rest extension should be standard. Steering wheel audio controls should be standard. MPG, but I wasn't buying a WRX for gas mileage. :)
Overall review: I recently traded my '08 WRX hatchback for the '09 hatchback. '08 had zero issues during ownership and I'm sure the '09 will treat me the same! Related to performance, I would say the '08 were good training-wheels before graduating to the '09 WRX. In every way the '09 outshines the '08. Powerband is wider, steering is tighter making the car feel more competent and tight while driving. Daily driving has produced identical mpg between the '08 and '09, ~23mpg and highway of 27-28. The worst I've seen is 21mpg in either car. Therefore, the extra hp/tq hasn't negatively impacted the revised WRX for '09. Overall, I'm overwhelmed with how much more car you get in the '09 and I'm looking forward to keeping this car in my garage for many years to come!!!
My 2nd WRX by Adam from Massachusetts on 05/24/2009. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium 5-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is my 2nd new Subaru WRX and it is very different than my 2005 WRX wagon. It has more power and it is much more comfortable. The hill assist is great for starting off on a hill. My old WRX would be very uncomfortable on long drives, this is great on long drives. The new rims and tires are great, much better than the older WRX rims and tires. The AWD is a must have in New England.
Cons: Subaru needs to improve the sound system and make the navigation system acutally available on this. I called almost every dealer in a 200mi radius and no one had a 09 WRX premium with NAV. I wish this car also had paddle shifters. The paint could be a bit better quality, however it isn't that bad.. it can scratch easily though.
Overall review: Overall this is an awesome car for the $$. After test driving many other cars, the Subie won me over again. Even the sales man at the dealer told me "its only a family car when the kids are in it". I would highly recommend this car to anyone that wants a great, safe car and have fun driving to work every day.
2k9 WRX Premium by Will Camarillo on 03/18/2009. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Strong engine, with tons of potential. Lots of cabin room, comfy on long tirps. OK handeling - considering I went from a turbo Miata with suspension mods. Good quality, doors close with a robust thud. Seams and pannels line up very nicely with very small gaps. Decent stock summer tires. Awesome looking fully functional hood scoop. Great price-to-performance ratio.
Cons: Chnitzy lookiing plastic interior, all subies are known for this. Horrible sounding stereo, even with the 10 speaker system in the premium. Cheesy jeweled tail lights. Suspension could be firmer.
Overall review: Great car for the money. Limitless potential for the modding crowd. Fuel economy over the last 2k miles have averaged 22.5 MPG combined, not too shabby for a turbocharged AWD car. I'd purchase again, although I'd get the STi.
The 09 WRX is a winner by Jedinite on 04/18/2009. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power pulls at any RPM range. No turbo lag. Great brakes. Very good tight suspension . Supportive seats . All this at a great price.
Cons: Unforgiving clutch.
Overall review: Subaru redesigned this car in 08, but it lost a lot of the go the WRX had ,and was known for in the past . But Subaru payed close attention to it's customers comments and made major improvments in 09. What a fun car to drive.