1998 Honda Accord

Great sedan with a tricky transmission by Celidor, car enthusiast, living in Ontario, Canada on 02/08/2012. Trim: 1998 Honda Accord EX V6 sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: -Very well designed features and placement of buttons, switches, etc. (Other cars seem to be full of flaws after owning this car.) -Simple yet pleasing and slightly aggressive exterior design (Great placement of head/tail lights) -Extremely reliable. -Nice amount of power while still offering modest fuel economy for a 3.0L V6. -Good Fuel Economy for the engine size. -Handles well for it's size and cost especially when comparing to others. -Good rear seat leg room. -Remote trunk release. -Dual exhaust. -Comfortable seating. -Suspension isn't too soft like most in it's class. -Stable ride and feel. -Good ground clearance.
Cons: -The 4 Speed Automatic Transmission that is the only option on the V6 accord 98-2002. -The V-Tec it has is a simple V-Tec meant only to improve fuel economy and perhaps it achieves that somewhat, but at the cost of low end power. -These 2 things make the engine harder to mod and upgrade in my opinion. -Dual exhausts are expensive to repair (but worth it in my opinion) -Turning radius (isn't bad but I wish it was better) -No AWD. -Looks are a little on the simple side, especially the rear end but not necessarily a bad thing. And not overly simple. -Looks similar to many other cars of the late 90's but is the nicest looking of the bunch. -No Rear wiper -No Heated steering wheel
Overall review: This car is great quality even 14 years later and the fuel economy for power can still compete well with 2010 cars. I highly recommend this car. If you can find one with somewhat low kms with a body in good condition without rust issues then it will last you years and years and years as long as you keep the rust off, the reliability of this car is legendary. And regular maintenance goes a long way. The transmission is the one noticeably bad thing about this car. It has a delay to kick into gear if you decide to suddenly give it gas while driving. And at speeds over 70km (40mph) it doesn't coast very well but both of these things can be overcome with some manual shifting that I'll explain: 1: Slip it into neutral when you want to coast smoothly at higher speeds (it helps some at lower speeds too) 2: Manually shift into a lower gear as you hammer down the gas pedal to avoid a delay in acceleration. It looks like a lot of other sedans of the late 90's but it's the best looker and good $$$
Great car! by Leila - Ohio on 06/26/2010. Trim: 1998 Honda Accord EX coupe, Owned 10 years.
Pros: very reliable, little maintenance
Cons: seat comfort could be improved
Overall review: for a 12 year old car, it has been an excellent purchase
Can beat this car by Honda Girl Corona, CA on 10/01/2009. Trim: 1998 Honda Accord EX sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: everything. reliability, I have 215,000 miles on it and it still is almost emission free.
Overall review: Best car I've ever had. My first new Honda Accord was in 1988 and my second new one was in 1998. Can't beat these Honda Accords.
Accord DX sedan 1998 by Ontario, Canada on 07/31/2009. Trim: 1998 Honda Accord DX sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought my Accord DX in 2004 and never let me down. It is a reliable car a and a good family car, run smooth and good on gas.
Cons: I wish that I had the 60/40 seat other than that not much to complain. I had an engine light comes on and off but I was able to drive it even travel with it without any trouble. I took it to the different garage including Honda dealer and they couldn't find a solution.
Overall review: Overall it is a good and reliable car and I would recommend it to everyone.
Just can't beat a Honda. by Mel from Memphis on 03/10/2009. Trim: 1998 Honda Accord EX sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Quite frankly...the reliability. This was my wife and I's first "big" purchase together and 11 years later, our Accord is still there. I'm on my 3rd battery, 3rd set of tires, 2nd set of brakes, 4th set of wiper blades, and 2nd set of head lights. It runs just as smooth and handles just like it did in Nov 1997.
Cons: The paint is fading on the roof. The auto door lock on the driver side is "sticky".
Overall review: 5-star rating on quality and reliability.