2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata

2009 Mazda Miata by John from Dallas, TX on 07/24/2009. Trim: 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring PRHT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very nice handling; acceleration is great when the AC is off; styling is outstanding; Power hard-top is also outstanding.
Cons: The acceleraton with the airconditioning on is not that great; the sun visors are ridiculous; although not bad, the car is a tad too small for someone over 6 ft tall.
Overall review: Overall, this is a great car -- I am thoroughly enjoying it. It is a blast to drive, and corners beautifully. The styling was updated this year, and I have to say that Mazda has done a really nice job. Also, the Power Hard-Top is very cool -- super easy to use and it looks great (up or down). I have only a few gripes -- the car is a tad underpowered when the AC is on, it is a little small inside (but not bad), and the sun visors are really terrible - what were they thinking? Other than that, I have been extremely pleased. This is the first non-Toyota vehicles I have purchased in over 20 years. I just needed something with a little more personality.
MX-5 = FUN by Tony on 10/20/2009. Trim: 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport PRHT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Miata MX-5 equals fun. The acceleration on the six speed manual transmission is all you need on an American highway, and is surprisingly peppy in any gear. The suspension feels like it is glued to the ground on tight curves. The car invites you to put the pedal to the floor and drive it hard. I have driven over 600 miles in one day and the lumbar support on the car seat is excellent. I bought mine in December of 2008 and love it. I was able to get the Sport hard top retractable roof for less than $24,000. Go for it!
Cons: The sun visors are really laughable. The interior is somewhat spartan, but for the price and the fun value you could not expect more. I am 5'2" and had to have extension pedals put in after sale, so the car does not suit short people (man or woman) without being modified.
Overall review: If all you need is two seats and you want a power retractable top that still leaves you with some trunk space, this is the car for you. Take it for a test drive and put it throught its paces, you will be pleased.
Affordable self indulgence by Loki from Detroit on 05/26/2009. Trim: 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've been designing cars for 20 years, and I can tell you this little machine is amazing. As personal a driving experience as you can get. The FUN factor is only second to the Lotus Elise. Excellent suspension, and optimal power to weight ratio.
Cons: Bad blind spot with top up.
Overall review: Awesome
THE fun sports car! by Tim on 04/12/2012. Trim: 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring PRHT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love the styling, retractable hard top, performance, and handling. Even though they say that it gets only 28 MPG, mine gets 30.1 and that's while making it perform like the sports car that it is.
Cons: The only problem that I have had is with the Bose' sound system. It would not eject the CD's and required repair.
Overall review: This is the second Miata I have owned, my first was a '99 soft top, really liked that one but the old one couldn't hold a candle to my 2009. It is absolutely great!!
the best 2 seater. by hitechrr, LI, NY on 10/06/2011. Trim: 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Handles great and gets good gas mileage. I get 25 city and 35 hiway.
Cons: Noise with top up. Hard for some over 50 to get in and out of.
Overall review: I would recomend this to anyone who loves to drive.