2009 Land Rover LR2

It's a tank in disguise! by SOM on 11/05/2012. Trim: 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love my Rover! I wasn't quite ready to jump into the more luxurious Range Rover so I opted for the smaller (and far more affordable) LR2. This thing is a tank. Luckily I've never been in a serious accident (one small fender bender) but I'm confident that I would be protected. I've never met a puddle, hill, rock, tree, sidewalk, or other obstacle that I couldn't get over. It will go anywhere. The driver sits higher than in most other SUVs which I really like. I have never had any issues with maintenance or reliability.
Cons: My only complaints are gas mileage and acceleration. The car is so incredibly heavy (over 4,000 pounds) that with under 300 horsepower it underperforms compared to other SUVs in the same class. That said, more horsepower would equal even lower gas mileage and at 16-17 city I'm not willing to make the horsepower/mpg trade.
Overall review: The biggest compliment that I can give is that I would buy another one tomorrow.
My reward for all my of hard work. Supple, excellent ride & a joy/ fun to by Benjamin, Grosse Ile, MI. on 01/11/2011. Trim: 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The quality inside & out, performance, design, price & it's ancestry. City drivind avg =18.5, Hway driving = 24.3. I receive lots of compliments on my LR2. Every time my suv leaves the garage, it is sparkling clean/shiny. :).
Cons: The driver seat could be more ftting.
Overall review: I can't find nothing to equal it. I am a car afficionado. :)-. The Lr2 Is one of a kind car/suv. Handles well. I like it.
Put LR2 on your list. You won't be disappointed. by Seattle, WA on 01/02/2010. Trim: 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Although the cheapest offering from Land Rover this is a Land Rover through and through. We traded in an LR3 on our new 2009. Basically the LR2 is very similar inside with the exception of less cargo space which we never used in the LR3. Same instrument cluster layout, very same steering wheel, HVAC controls, mirrors, bluetooth, terrain response, etc. LR2 even has a larger opening sunroof that the LR3. We don't miss the third sunroof. Two is enough. LR2 has a sportier look and feel w/ much better gas mileage and much less body roll. Feels stable and like a bigger car when behind the wheel. Has a nice exterior stance and appearance that make it appear larger than it is.
Cons: Could it have more get up and go? Yes. Does it matter to anyone over the age of 30? No. Cup holders and storage cubbies up front aren't the greatest but that's about it.
Overall review: See "Pros". Great car! Don't buy a Beemer, Audi, Acura, etc. We looked at and drove all the other makes in LR2's class. Great on wet pavement, mud, snow, ice and everything else Seattle and the NW offer in terms of inclement weather. 4 year/50K mile warranty is bumper to bumper. 2010 is identical to the 2009 model year so if you can find a 2009 they have incentives to sell it for under invoice.
Best Rover, Best Price by JG from Pittsburgh on 10/14/2009. Trim: 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Vehicle handles extremely well, and unlike older land rover's you don't have to worry about it being top heavy. Good styling are also a plus inside and out.
Cons: We have 7500 miles so far on our rover and already had to have the brakes changed once due to them squeaking loudly. Land Rover has replaced them and we have not had a problem since.
Overall review: So far, great vehicle.