2009 Kia Optima

Fantastic by trants4md on 01/14/2012. Trim: 2009 Kia Optima EX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fully loaded 4 Cyl. with leather, sun roof, GPS, everything. Love this car to death, absolutely a great ride. Bought new and still own. Not one problem!
Cons: None
Overall review: A great buy, well worth the price!
Cheap car, not cheap to own due to constant, expensive repairs. by Annoyed KIA Owner, New Jersey on 07/12/2013. Trim: 2009 Kia Optima LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good mileage, decent handling for what it is
Cons: Reliability is terrible, parts are expensive, and dealer service is terrible.
Overall review: We purchased our 2009 Optima with 40,000 miles on it two years ago. For the first year, it was a great little car. After the warranty expired at 60,000 the car has been nothing but a headache Constant dash warning lights for every system in the car have been on at one time or another, the transmission failed at 65,000, the airbag sensor system failed shortly after the transmission, the car stranded my wife in a parking lot on a 95 degree day. We will be getting rid of it as soon as we find a suitable replacement, possibly a YUGO since they are probably more reliable
Great family car for a great price! by Ratchetgirl from Kansas City on 04/28/2012. Trim: 2009 Kia Optima LX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Comfortable, smooth ride, great gas mileage for a 3-year-old car, very safe and reliable
Cons: Some minor break issues, but that is something easily fixed under warranty
Overall review: I love this car! I've always been a fan of Kia autos, and this car is no exception. I went from driving a 12-year-old Sable to this Optima, so it's such a nice step up. I personally don't have any problems with the digital console colors, and I drive 2 hours every day on my commute to and from work, so I have a little experience with it during the daytime. The ride is very smooth, and I agree with another poster that you need to have some sound playing, because it gets really quiet in the car during long rides! I bought this car slightly used, and the only issue I've had is the breaks, but they just need to be reset so it really isn't a big deal. I know that compact cars get better gas mileage, but I could never give up the huge amount of space in my Optima! And for a midsize sedan, this car gets REALLY great mpg!
No need to purchase any other sedan, this is it when you have only $25k by Jerry, Tacoma on 01/03/2011. Trim: 2009 Kia Optima SX V6, Owned 2 years.
Pros: What is there not to like? I'm an engineer and definetly look at the most bang for the buck. I checked out all the competitors Honda, Toyota, Ford etc. My sedan is sporty, leather, heated seats, gps, audio control on the steering wheel, garage door sensors on rear view, Infinity Sound System etc. In regards to the extras installed in my car it would easily go over $32k compared to the Honda Accord. Simply don't believe how beautiful this car is inside and out and how LARGE the trunk space is. No problems merging onto the freeway with the V6 engine.
Cons: The only complaint that I have is that Bluetooth was not standard. I had to purchase a Kia bluetooth which doesn't sync with the GPS. I did have an issue with my GPS screen, simply took it in and they replaced it under warranty. No hassle and even vacuumed my car for free.
Overall review: How can any owner not like this vehicle when it's backed up with a 100,000 K warranty? Like all previous owners I was skeptical about Kia but like I said earlier I test drove over 8 competitior vehicles and could not believe the power and amentities for the price. The new 2011 Optima looks awesome and I look forward to getting it when by Toyota Corrolla dies (180k miles and 12 years old).
KIA Optima 2009, Love My KIA by Lee on 07/01/2010. Trim: 2009 Kia Optima LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought My optima in November of 2009, I am very happy with the performance and quality. I have gotten many compliments on how nice it looks. I really like the Stereo with Sirius satellite radio. When the roads were Iced over in a bad storm this past winter I saw many cars sliding around and stuck on the side of the road. My KIA maintained a good amount of traction thanks to the Electronic Stability control (ESC) which is standard. When I need the extra power to merge onto the highway my 4Cyl motor delivers without missing a beat.
Cons: I wish I had different head rests, because of my height (or lack there of:) the head rest just does not hit me in the right spot.
Overall review: I can't say enough about the quality they have put into this vehicle. I was rear ended three weeks after getting my new car and, although I was quite upset, the other persons car was totaled and I was able to drive away with minor damage to my bumper cover. Once the bumper cover was replaced my car was once again showroom quality. "Thanks KIA Body Shop in Louisville, KY." I just love my KIA and when the time comes to replace my wife's American SUV; we will be buying another KIA.