2009 Kia Sportage

Great Vehicle For The Price by Georgia Bunkee on 12/17/2009. Trim: 2009 Kia Sportage LX 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car on July 1, 2009 because I was expecting a little girl and needed a "mommy mobile". I love this car. It's really cute, comfy, good on gas, and I always get compliments about it!
Cons: When I went to get my first oil change I was told that the oil drain plug had been cross threaded from the manufactor. I was a little upset, because I called two local Kia dealerships and they would not do the warranty repair because I did not buy my vehicle from them. I ended up having to take my Kia almost 100 miles away to the location where I bought it and have their mechanics look at the problem before they would even order the part to fix it. Then after driving all that way down there I was told that I would have to come back in 3 or 4 days when the part arrived so that they could fix the vehicle. I ended up putting over 400 miles on my car just trying to get one simple thing fixed.
Overall review: The only other then I didn't like about the vehicle were the two front head rests. I found them very annoying because I couldnt get my head in a comfortable position. Easy fix though, I replaced the two headrests from the backseat with the ones in the front and it fixed it! Overall this is a great vehicle for the price! I got mine for $12,500 brand new and with the warranty you couldn't beat it for that price! Being a new mommy I needed a dependable vehicle at an affordable price! Overall I am pleased with my purchase!
Say Hi to Buzzy by Gunrunner on 05/11/2013. Trim: 2009 Kia Sportage LX 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This Mini-Ute does an excellent job of combining gas mileage, ergonomics, cargo hauling and trouble free operation. My magic number for gas mileage is 27 MPG (gotten 30MPG on occasion). Seats are very comfortable and you sit high enough to have good visibility for an SUV. Fold down the back seat and you would be surprised at what you can haul. Build quality is great. 40,000 miles and not a single creak, rattle or groan. Change the oil & filter at 3000 miles and the air filter at 10,000 miles and this little guy will go forever. Does great in snow. Gotta love that high ground clearance.
Cons: Hoo Boy!! My biggest gripes are the clutch and transmission. Whoever previously owned this car did not know how to use a clutch. So it chatters (a little) Transmission gear ratios are so short that you're turning 3000 RPM @65. That's why I call him Buzzy. The shift throws are long and wide. Hard plastics abound in the interior. The carpeting is one step removed from being a rubber floormat. In all fairness, the interior materials are not of cheap quality-they'll last forever. No speed sensitive door locks. Where's the heated mirrors??
Overall review: After I got over the clutch/transmission issues (just adapt!) I started to see the positives. Hard plastics, utilitarian carpeting? Waddya want, an Escalade?? I can throw my fishing gear, range bag and camera gear in this puppy and not worry about hurting the interior. So it gets bizzy/buzzy at freeway speeds. Guess what? I rarely drive on the freeway!!! If you do have to hit the freeway, turn up the radio! What has really endeared me to this "Cute-Ute" is it has PERSONALITY. Every time I turn the key, Buzzy wakes up and it's like he's saying "Where to this time? The shooting range? Fishing Hole? Hogback Ridge has some great sunsets that need to be photographed." It's like a mini-adventure every time I back out of the drive way. When was the last time you felt that way about your car?
Enthusiast
From Clunker To Kia by scott on 03/24/2012. Trim: 2009 Kia Sportage LX V6 4WD.
Pros: This was the first ner vehicle I ever bought myself.I did that cash for clunkers program.It came at the right time for me.My car [chevy z34 lumina] was leaking oil.Also it had those notorious pull down door handles that would either stick or break regularly.I have thourghly enjoyed this vehicle.I don't have a lot of miles on it but its been a fun ride,Mileage is reasonable as well as acceleration.Its got decent room.I love the fact its got awd.I love how purposefullit is.
Cons: The exterior is good looking but some of the materials do seem a little cheap.I do have several door dings on the passanger side.I do hit my head occasionally when either entering or exiting.It has low miles but I already here some interior noise which I find a little annoying.Also the ride height seems to be perfect.Ive had to replace my original windshield within 3 or 4 months of owning it.I now have another rock chip and it happen to split on the bottom portion of my windshield.I thought something was wrong because I didn't recognize what this particular lighted symbol meant.I didn't have the gas cap on tight enough.
Overall review: I would highly suggest the kia brand because I believe they are a quality car company with a great warranty.Overall.I'm extremely pleased with my sportage.I"d recemmend the kia brand to anyone.
economical wagon by bill on 12/26/2010. Trim: 2009 Kia Sportage LX I4 AT 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: ease of getting in and out, good use of interior space, can put four large suitcases in luggage area, good gas milege 23/29. easy to see out of, change oil every 7500 miles.( i do it a lot less than that). goes good in the snow. easy to park. good leg room for the rear seat area. we bought under the clunker program plus the dealer knocked 3,000.00 off the sticker to begin with. my old truck was not worth alot but with the clunker program i got another 4500.00 off. made for a great deal!!!
Cons: cloth seats, door locks don't automatically lock, remote takes a couple of pushes to work.
Overall review: had this wagon for apprx. 16 months, (bought new) theres approx. 18,000 miles on it and would probably buy another one using the experience so far. i would have never thought i would buy a kia!!!
My Black Beauty by Janine from Pittsburgh, PA on 08/16/2010. Trim: 2009 Kia Sportage LX 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: For years I wanted a Sportage. I test drove a few but the price was always the deal breaker for me. That and the used Sportages had quite a lot of miles on them. I saw an ad for a 2009 sportage that had only 4500 miles on it, with a great price to match. I test drove it and wanted this more than any other suv. The dealer dropped the price and I was sold. Love driving this, took it on 2 road trips over 400 miles and comfort and space can't be beat. Love it!
Cons: Center arm rest could be higher. Mine doesn't have a sun roof, but can be added later. Nothing else to complain about.
Overall review: This is my first SUV, hopefully this sportage will last for the 10 years I expect to keep it. I tend to keep my vehicles for that long. I suggest you test drive it for yourself, you will be sold too! Not sure about winter driving as I only got it in July 2010. Have lots of hills to go up and down in winter driving so I am hoping this vehicle gets me through the winters in Pittsburgh!