1997 Honda Odyssey

1997 Honda Odyssey Prices
1997 Honda Odyssey Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
I love this van. (Bo't in '00, NOT just last year!) by Happy in Lincoln Nebraska on 09/06/2007. Trim: 1997 Honda Odyssey EX, Owned 7 years.
Pros: What I like: the size, the station wagon-type doors, the look, the allover dependability, plus the dependability in extreme climates and on snow, the fold down "way back" seats which almost anyone can do, the glove boxes, the placement of dials, etc., the placement of window locks and automatic openers, the big windshield wipers, the way it turns, the view with the mirrors, the adjustability of the seats even though this is a moderate priced vehicle, ESPECIALLY the rear AC and vent unit.
Cons: There are two things I would change about the Odyssey. I would make the seats longer from front to back. I have had several other vans which I didn't like nearly as much, but which had seats that were more comfortable underneath my upper legs. I feel like these seats were designed for smaller-than-average people! Second, the defrost mechanism has never been as good as I would like. It works, but not the best. You get a car full of people all breathing hot air when the temperature outside is 10 below, and it gets difficult to keep the front and front/side windows clear! There isn't a danger, just a hassle.
Overall review: I love this van. It is the most reliable and best van I have had. I searched long and hard for this particular model of Odyssey, which was only made for a few years (more's the pity). I'll say it again: I love this vehicle.
The lifesaving mini-van by Sebastian, DC on 09/26/2013. Trim: 1997 Honda Odyssey LX, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This car has a lot of cabin space for all passengers. Seats are uber-comfortable. Just a dream for a small mini-van as it was back in 1997. Honda's safety bars and reinforced cabin structure makes it really safe.
Cons: When the third row seat is up, luggage space is quite limited. Acceleration is not great but still powerful.
Overall review: What can I say, Owned this car for 17 years and just saved my mother's life on a 70 MPH crash hitting a guardrail and then tumbling six times before resting on a ditch. Only injuries were a broken phalanges and two crashed vertebrae. The reinforced structure of the cabin kept it from collapsing,
super van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/23/2005. Trim: 1997 Honda Odyssey EX, Owned 8 years.
Pros: smooth ride for over 143,000 miles. i love it.
Overall review: best van we ever owned
Great Minivan by WMT from Grand Rapids on 06/02/2005. Trim: 1997 Honda Odyssey LX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 4 car like doors, roominess, gas mileage, comfort, reliability
Cons: radio leaves a bit to be desired
Overall review: I love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone. Gas mileage is about 27 overall which is far better then 13mph that I had with my truck. It hauls a ton and rides like a car.
Riding Shotgun: The 1997 Honda Odyssey EX by resurrexXion from Cary, NC on 04/19/2004. Trim: 1997 Honda Odyssey EX, Owned 7 years.
Overall review: The ' 97 Honda Odyssey is, in my opinion, the best minivan that came out on the market that year. It's quick and witty. It's the car that you will never get tired of, even if you drive for 15 years. It has excellent steering and acceleration for a MV, and will drive until the engine falls out. This car is a buy that none will regret.
2 3 4 5 6  Next