2009 Kia Rio5

2009 Kia Rio5 Prices
2009 Kia Rio5 Fuel Economy
Worst car purchase I've ever made. by jimmy on 04/27/2013. Trim: 2009 Kia Rio5 LX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Nothing to like.
Cons: Major quality control and reliability issues. Multiple failures of significant parts and minor parts. Forone example, the car had windshield delaminate twice in the same spot within 48 months and yet Kia customer service uninterested in investigating if this was due to structural problems with car. Kia factory reps never return phone calls. Dealership service dreadful. Last dealerhship's solution to car's problems was "just buy a new car". Kia customer service unwilling to address car's reliability issues once car is out of warranty.
Overall review: I researched this car extensively because I wanted an inexpensive, basic commuter car with excellent reliability. In my opinion, this car and Kia failed miserably.
My Rio by Luna from Pennsylvania on 07/31/2013. Trim: 2009 Kia Rio5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It's good on gas and its small size makes it easy to handle.
Cons: Minor things, like cup holder placements are a little awkward.
Overall review: I love my rio
Fun to drive. by Iowa on 10/15/2012. Trim: 2009 Kia Rio5 SX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I get between 27-33 m.p.g. in town. Only 38 on the highway. Acceleration is great. Handling is good, better tires would help. Nice ride for a small car. Good breaks. It looks beautiful in black..Interior comfort is okay. Good cargo space. Good visabilaty. Great heat & a/c.
Cons: A 6th gear would have made it a better highway car.
Overall review: Great economy car.
2009 Rio5 Poor Gas Mileage by Disappointed in Burien WA on 04/29/2010. Trim: 2009 Kia Rio5 SX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handling and sound system great. Simple and clean dash controls. Fun to drive.
Cons: Automatic shifting sometimes less than ideal. My gas mileage is very poor, only 23 MPG in mixed (mostly city) driving. No cruise control.
Overall review: At 3400 miles car feels solid and is fun to drive, but the 23 MPG gas mileage is no where near the 25/35 rating. My '91 Honda Hatchback got better than 30 MPG on the same commute. Kia says there's nothing wrong and won't authorize the dealer to troubleshoot other than plugging into the computer. I feel like I have no recourse.
Excellent Value for the Price ~ I am a Happy Camper by GaPeech on 01/31/2010. Trim: 2009 Kia Rio5 SX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This automobile offers excellent value for the money. I am very pleased that I purchased a Kia.
Cons: I wish Kia offered cruise control on this model. I would like to see them add that one feature.
Overall review: Very happy with this automobile. Recommend to friends. Great value. Comfortable. Great gas mileage. Cute. Sporty. Easy to park. Spacious.