2009 BMW X3

TUTONIC EXCELLANCE by Steady/Canada on 04/08/2011. Trim: 2009 BMW X3 xDrive30i, Owned 2 years.
Pros: We like exclusivity,not 1 on every corner,ie like RX350, handling best we have ever had, also unique styling, no maintenance after 50000km , quality,no shortcuts,ie paint,interior top drawer, engine,transmission marvellous, German simplicity,engenuity much appreciated, we really like uprite,highly adjustable seating position when driving ie sav vs sedan,also like ability to get in and out of vehicle vs sedan, passing ability excellant, wheels beautiful
Cons: cold air thru window switches on doors in winter months, blind spots when switching to right hand lane, stero weak, defrost on very cold days alittle weak
Overall review: so far best vehicle we have ever owned has met all our expectations to date very satisfied
SOLID VEHICLE by happy BMW owner on 02/07/2010. Trim: 2009 BMW X3 xDrive30i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I think the interior is very comfortable. I enjoy the sunroof and the heated seats, front and back. I have had no problems whatsoever in the 6 months I have owned this vehicle. Not even a hiccup. I enjoy the XDrive and Dynamic Traction Control feature for winters in MN. It really acheives the MPG stated (and maybe a little better...)
Cons: I dislike the auto trans, especially when decelerating. I wish I could have a few more features for onboard computer without a GPS system (Avg mpg calculator, miles until empty, etc). The controls for wipers are a bit confusing when compared to my previous GM SUV. Wish there was a separate lever for the rear wiper. Cannot purchase a remote start for this vehicle or it will void the warranty.
Overall review: I feel this was an excellent purchase for the money paid. I have not had one service visit thus far. (Compared to my previous GM SUV, 32 service visits in the first year). The vehicle handles well and is actually fun to drive. My only regret is that, if I had it to do over, I would've asked dealer to order in the color I really wanted and a manual trans. It really seems to tolerate the cold MN weather well so far.
GREAT IN WILD TRAFFIC by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/17/2009. Trim: 2009 BMW X3 xDrive30i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I drive in NYC and the quickness and flexibility of the X3 makes it relatively easy to move in and out of traffic and respond quickly to the sudden changes in traffic paterns.
Cons: Sound system could be better.
Overall review: Highly recommended.
Jeep Liberty more power for a lot less money by reluctant BMW owner on 05/07/2009. Trim: 2009 BMW X3 xDrive30i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: BMW fun and quality.
Cons: Uber expensive. A Jeep Liberty offers better towing and power, with that unlimited warranty they have now, for far cheaper - especially with the incentives available for domestics. Should have bought another Jeep. Could have saved $10,000. The slightly nicer interior in the BMW is not worth the extra $10,000 over the more powerful, and more fun/capable in the snow on ski trips, Jeep.
Overall review: Nice vehicle, but punches well below its $40,000 + with options price tag. A Jeep Liberty Limited has all the creature comforts, more power and better warranty for less money.