2009 Honda Element

2009 Honda Element Prices
2009 Honda Element Fuel Economy
Element vs Grand Cherokee by Hyundai! Ok, why not give it a try. on 09/02/2009. Trim: 2009 Honda Element LX 2WD 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: All my neighbors noticed it and next door even want to buy exactly the same color and package. Need to say more. :) Great for out doorsy nephews, and snail-slow Grandma. Hahahaa
Cons: Not as comfortable as my previous cars but hey Element cost 1/2 of those in comparison. I bought a $32 cooler in Walmart as my center elbow rest. Navigation is great for me but not with the cost, my Laptop would do the same with 14" screen, besides it's distracting and confusing Grandma.
Overall review: I was torn between Scion Xb and Element for years and finally I took President Obama's offer and turned in my clunker '98 Grand Cherokee SE 4x4 for Element. Though not as powerful, can't swim in deep water, nor able to run on I-95 during Katrina as the Jeep GC, Element feels secured, a bit spacier, and lighter some how. 5 speed transmission can be a bit noisy along with road noise but it does have a good pick up at red light. Xb has the same road noise and feels the same to me during test drive. It is the height and better view on road that draws me towards Element. Don't under estimate Jeep, I traded in with 172,982 miles with 16-17mpg, very quiet and smooth engine/transmission till its last day, never repair. My last Japan 40%/60% USA made Civic did not do the same. So I hope Element would do well.
Fantastic! by Molly in Northwest Florida on 06/23/2009. Trim: 2009 Honda Element EX 2WD 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Comfortable, versitile, great stereo, perfect size for the garage and fantastic value. Loads of cargo room and more leg room than anything else I've been in. The wipe-out interior is amazingly easy to maintain and impossible to stain. The fabric on the seats is water and stain resistant and can be wiped off too. The seats can be configued just about any way you want them. Peppy engine, tiny turn radius. I really love it more every day.
Cons: No telescopic steering, it could stand a little more lumbar support, suicide doors need extra room to open, but since the Element is narrow, it isn't a huge issue. Only holds 4 people. Gas Mileage runs about 25 MPG.
Overall review: I have always thought the Element was cleverly designed and interesting to look at, in a good way. But never seriously considered buying one, because it really only holds 4 people. On a whim, I gave the Element a test drive and it has a whole lot of giddy-up. Loads of cargo room. The rear seats fold flat against the sides or you can lay them flat. They also come out completely or all 4 seats fold down to create a bed. Lots of options. There is plenty of leg room in front and back. Gone are the days of kids kicking the backs of our seats. They can't reach! The seats are firm, but cushioned, but the lack of a telescopic steering wheel makes me reach a bit farther than I am used to. Here is the most surprising part. It's smaller than my old sedan. It's roomier and taller, but it is narrower and not as long. It actually takes up less room in the garage. The EX has a few extra creature comforts, like an iPod jack, Sirius XM stereo, and some other techie gadgets. I Love it!
Truckin Toaster ! by HT on 04/13/2012. Trim: 2009 Honda Element EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Utility of the BOX. Ease of cleaning. Handles well for an SUV, and negotiates tight parking lots better than my wifes Minivan. Gas Mileage isn't bad for an SUV. GREAT in the SNOW.
Cons: Needs a touch more Giddy up! PRICEY accessories.
Overall review: I have been an owner for 8 months and have found very little to complain about. I have taken both long and short trips, have been in 6+ inches of snow, and have definitely tested the utility of the BOX. Mileage has ranged from 19 - 27 and more often is around 21 with mixed City / Highway driving. Was quite comfortable on an exteneded drive( 9 hours) and had no issues keeping up with traffic. The standard sound system is pretty good for stock, and the overall fit /finish of the vehicle is pretty good. I find myself looking for opportunities to impress the neighbors and friends with it capabilities for hauling stuff.
Great Little Box by David on 04/23/2010. Trim: 2009 Honda Element SC 2WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great vehicle if you occasionally need to haul a few things - easy to load and lots of room with the fold up seats. 4 cylinder engine is surprisingly peppy - for an SUV. Decent gas mileage. Great to go on day trips. We can put our bikes (front wheels still attached) and picnic inside and just go. Good workmanship and reliability. Had the car for 9 months and nothing has gone wrong. Fantastic handling. Can make a U-turn in a shorter radius than our Corolla. With it's short wheel base it's very easy to parallel park. Good car for tailgating. Love the aux power jack in back.
Cons: Only seats 4. 5 would be much better. Backseat riders have plenty of room, but not that comfy. Ride is a bit harsh on bumpy roads. Difficult to unload backseat passengers in tight spaces.
Overall review: Great car for those who like to enjoy the outdoors, throw everything in and take off. Comfy and roomy for front seat riders. Roomy but not that comfy for the backseat. I like the styling - though it is boxy.
Dog Vehicle by MaryMack on 11/16/2009. Trim: 2009 Honda Element EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have several dogs and go to lots of shows with them. This vehicle ROCKS for transporting dogs and all the gear that goes with them. With seats out, I can fit 2 or 3 crates (depending on size) in the back and still have room for chairs, blankets, luggage, etc. The amount of room for the size of the vehicle is amazing. Plus, it is fun to drive, has decent pickup and nice braking system. I absolutely LOVE the rubber floors and seats that can just be wiped off -- easy to keep clean.
Cons: the ride is a bit stiff and seats could be more comfortable.
Overall review: I'd definitely buy it again and especially recommend it to "dog people".