1997 Honda Civic

1997 Honda Civic Prices
1997 Honda Civic Fuel Economy
Great car by Alex on 07/14/2012. Trim: 1997 Honda Civic EX coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Inexpensive to fuel, maintain, insure, easy to drive, quite comfortable
Cons: Slow (at the expense of efficiency), cupholder lids don't always stay shut.
Overall review: Great little car. I have a 5-speed with 140k and runs like new. My mom had a 97 HX CVT trans before and it was very economical but the trans went at 140k. Hondas are known to be better with standard transmissions, the autos can be a hit or miss. Great car regardless and even if a trans goes, there's so many Civics out there getting a junkyard trans won't cost more than a few hundred. Highly recomended car, 30+ mpg as well (city)
'97 Honda EX Coupe -- Find one if you can by runjorun on 02/03/2013. Trim: 1997 Honda Civic EX coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought my 1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe 5-speed new. I love this car! It's garage kept and hope to keep it to 200,000 miles. Runs & looks great. Always get good comments - that's a '97?? As long as I take care of it, it runs like a top.
Cons: Ok, sure I wish I had a newer car, but hey, the tax/insurance are cheap and it IS a '97 so there are a few little chips/dings here and there -- we're both aging like a fine wine.
Overall review: It's such a fun car to drive. Not sure how Honda's newer models are on reliability, but my car looks and runs great. I think Honda screwed up. If you build such a good car, people won't be buying another one for a very, very long time. This is my third Honda.
Best small car for 1997 by Stan from Tinley Park on 12/28/2011. Trim: 1997 Honda Civic EX coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Size and gas mileage
Overall review: Excellant car if you can find one forsale
Perfect car for a student or someone on a budget with a long commute by Lynden, WA on 05/17/2010. Trim: 1997 Honda Civic EX coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very reliable. Has never failed me. Always starts and runs good. Cheap parts for repairs. Routine preventative maintenance keeps the vehicle in excellent condition. Comfortable and decent interior, somewhat cheap but expected with this type of car. Still has a better interior that most comparable cars. Sunroof does NOT leak. A lot of early to mid 90's Honda's have leaky sunroofs, this one does not. Great gas mileage, consistently gets 33 MPG combined HWY/City.
Cons: Can be very difficult to work on at times. My 2nd Honda in a row that has had the driver side window regulator warp and need to be replaced. Trunk has a tiny leak where the seal has been worn. Sometimes the cruise control does tends to speed up 3 or 4mph faster than set. Driver's side headlight bulb is very hard to replace due to the placement of engine components blocking it. Window regulator motors are expensive, about $300 to replace.
Overall review: This is my second Honda Civic and so far it has been very good to me in the year I have had it. I have not had to do any repairs, only replace the battery and replace the driver's side window regulator. Honda uses cheap metal for this part and it warps over time. Excellent car for a college student, great gas mileage, affordable insurance and cheap and easy to maintain.
Bite Your Hiney by Erin on 02/05/2004. Trim: 1997 Honda Civic DX sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This car is great for highway driving and is also good for gas mileage. It was a great bang for my buck and has always been reliable. Routine tune ups and oil changes are the key to having it go forever.
Cons: Nothing of extreme importance - two strips of my rear defrost stopped working a few years ago. The lights surge slightly sometimes.
Overall review: I would rate this car overall as a 9. It was sporty to me when I bought it and is showing its age slightly, but I still love it. It's roomy enough and isn't bad in the rain or snow. It was my first car and was reliable all through college and now for my every day highway commute.