2009 Lexus LS 460

BIGGER BANG FOR YOUR BUCK THAN MERCEDES, AUDI, AND BMW by Sam from Milford on 01/29/2011. Trim: 2009 Lexus LS 460 AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have had several Mercedes and have paid as much as $40,000 more for them than my LS460. I also purchased a 2005 Lexus sc430 Pebble Beach Edition . I still own that as well as a 2003 Mercedes SL500. Both of these vehicles were new. Again the Mercedes was $42,000.00 more than the Lexus. Believe me, there is not $5000.00 worth of differences in the two cars as long as you don't look at the "Brand." So when it came time for me to buy another 4 door all wheel drive sedan, I looked at both and decided to buy the LS460 and haven't been one bit sorry. Performance,ride,accessories,quality is just as good. I was disappointed when I went to trade my 2004 Mercedes in which prompted me to visit Lexus.
Cons: Absolutrly nothing.
Overall review: The car is everything that I expected and more. Being a former Mercedes and Infinity owner, I couldn't be more happy with the way the car has performed in all aspects. Particularily when it is $40,000 plus less than a comparable Mercedes, BMW or Audi. The may same BMW is the ultimate driving machine, but trust me, if they say that, they have never driven a Lexus LS460. The last Mercedes I had was a 2004 with only 40,000 miles on it and when I went to the Mercedes dealorship, I was insulted with what they offered me. Their reasoning was that they had several of my vehicle coming off lease. That prompted me to visit my Lexus dealer and I have never looked back. Thank you Mercedes for showing me the light. Dollar for dollar, there is no better deal when it comes to Luxury Automobiles.
Exceptionally Smooth by George on 12/24/2012. Trim: 2009 Lexus LS 460 L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is a wonderful sedan, exceptionally well engineered and very smooth. What I like about it compared to the Mercedes S is the comfort and sense of quality. The leather seats are just more comfortable than the benz and the systems all work in harmony. Given the price difference compared to the Benz S, I really can't see buying another Benz in the future. The LS is a wonderful value.
Cons: I cannot find a con that I have with this car.
Overall review: A 10.
The ultimate luxury car. by Jim on 08/12/2009. Trim: 2009 Lexus LS 460 L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Best car in the world at any price. Absolutely nothing wrong with this car. I don't see how Lexus can possibly improve upon this engineering masterpiece.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Most luxurious car under 100K with best air suspension, audio system (Levinson), engineering and acoustics of any sedan on the market. Reliability is a bonus. Mercedes, BMW and Audi do not even come close to the refinement of this car. Yet for those who do not want a flashy vehicle, this supremely well-built and most high-tech car that sets the world standard for automotive reliability and engineering excellence passes as a Camry from a distance.
tregre by hee on 06/28/2009. Trim: 2009 Lexus LS 460 Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: everytihng
Cons: mercedes s class better or audi a8 and bmw 7 series better
Overall review: good car
Not quite a 10 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/23/2009. Trim: 2009 Lexus LS 460 Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is my third LS. Wow, it really has a lot of zip!! She has power like a GS, but has that smooooth LS ride. Love the sound system with hard drive & iPod hookup.
Cons: New, smaller styling has big blind spot that was not present in previous LS body models. Brakes are mushy. Dealer says that is the way it is. While car is overall smaller & lighter, gas mileage is still down compared to previous models. Less passenger head room and leg room in back seat - doesn't seat 5 adults comfortably any more. Nav system is not quite as user friendly as in past.
Overall review: Remember, problems/issues are in comparison to previous LS models. Overall, despite increased power in engine, I doubt I will become a 4 time Lexus owner, unless they improve some of the cons mentioned here.