2009 Kia Spectra

Love Love Love by Kathleen from upstate New York on 06/17/2011. Trim: 2009 Kia Spectra EX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: this is a great car. I LOVE the gas mileage- I get about 350 miles out of a tank. decent factory sound system, huge trunk, lots of elbow room, and I am 5'8" and have no problem fitting in the back seat. I've had it for 2 years and it's been very reliable.
Cons: on long car rides, the seat gets uncomfortable. remember to pad it. also, the lights are supposed to turn off automatically, and so there is no "you left your lights on" alarm- they don't always turn off, which I learned when it was -5 degrees and the battery was dead.
Overall review: I love this car. I have 3 friends that also have Spectras, and we all agree that it was a great deal. I feel very confident that I made a good choice, and I would do it again. I know Kia gets a bad rap. People chuckle when you say Kia, but I think they have really raised their standards in recent years. I drove a Nissan Sentra for 10 years before I bought this car, and I couldn't find another in my price range, and for less than $10,000, I got a spankin' new car that drives exactly the same as that one did. I would recommend this to anyone.
Kia Love by kathi on 04/24/2014. Trim: 2009 Kia Spectra, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought my 2007 in 2008 w/9000 miles on it. I've loved it since I drove it off the lot. Great car, great gas mileage. NO COMPLAINTS.
Cons: Love it all, NO COMPLAINTS.
Overall review: Best car I've every owned, and I've been driving since 1970.
LITTLE RED by BERNARD / WISCONSIN on 03/07/2014. Trim: 2009 Kia Spectra EX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: THIS CAR IS AN EXCELLENT DRIVER . I PUT ON 14,000 MILES IN ONE YEAR ( BOUGHT USED IN 2013 ). NO MECHANICAL FAILURES IN THAT TIME. GREAT GAS MILAGE, HWY OR CTY . MINE IS A 5 SPEED STICK MANUAL. I LOVE IT ! I'M A RETIRED ARMY VET, AND I MUST SAY ,,, THIS IS A LUXUARY LITTLE RIDE , FEELS LIKE A JEEP, DRIVES LIKE A BABY LINCOLN. ALSO THE ABS IS REALLY HELPFUL !!
Cons: THERES NOTHING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THIS VEHICLE.
Overall review: I BRING IT TOO THE CAR WASH WHENEVER I CAN. (WISCONSIN).
"You have to try a reliable Kia" by Ezequiel from Allen, Texas on 05/22/2011. Trim: 2009 Kia Spectra EX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Gas saver, over 32 miles per galon city, full load for the low price and everything works perfect, when you need be fast, wow , it is like a bullet, AC is the best that I saw so far get cold fast and very strong, suspension is the best because is not soft or hard I can say perfect.... I felt for my 2009 Kia Spectra!
Cons: People talk bad about it, They have a bad experience and dont know what they are talking, if was a BMW they should talk bad too....
Overall review: Good car, you cannot expect something like BMW, or Lexus but against Civic, Corolla, mazda3 all reliable cars but I still prefer my Spectra....
KIA Spectra '09 by GH on 09/01/2009. Trim: 2009 Kia Spectra LX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Price under CARS was great! Mileage better than expected, getting 30 mpg overall. Seats quite comfortable. CD, sound is good. Like the left "foot rest", angled and flat. Trunk is roomy for a small car. Engine seems smooth and peppy. Has some power if I need it on the freeway, unlike the Rio, or Accent.
Cons: Adjusting the steering wheel where it is most comfortable blocks the gauges for me. Miss not having an amps gauge.
Overall review: Great little car for the money. Might have preferred the Ford Focus, but inflated prices drove me elsewhere.