2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover

Small appearance will deceive you! by J and D from Bremerton on 07/01/2009. Trim: 2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Base AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: For a base model this little beauty has almost everything you could think of to add, with the exception of cruise control and upgraded stereo. Handling is excellent, mileage is good, and the 2.0-liter engine is quite peppy for its size. Interior space is amazing; my son at 6'4'' fits with room to spare. The trunk capacity is misleading -- I've put a FULL grocery cart of items from Wal-Mart in the trunk without having to stack any bags, and with the back seats still up... amazing! I love the fact that the Garmin nav system has voice prompts, along with numerous other features. The front seats are very comfortable and quite roomy. The arm rests are a nice addition to the 2009 models.
Cons: The only thing I can think of is maybe a bit more engine power would be nice, but fully loaded the car does surprisingly well on hills, and that's with the automatic transmission. (I can't report on the manual... don't have it!)
Overall review: For a commuter-type vehicle, or just an all-around fun car that doesn't require cruise control, the base model SX-4 has about everything you could ask for, and then some. It's surprisingly roomy and has a feel-good quality about it. I suggest a test drive if you're thinking about a fun, small car with AWD capabilities... you won't be dissapointed. (And it will look good sitting in your driveway.)
Still Going Strong by Zoarhorn on 06/05/2012. Trim: 2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Touring AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is a follow-up on a review I submitted a little over a year ago. I’ve had my SX4 since November of 2009 and currently have over 32,000 miles on it. I bought it because of the value – Touring package – which I still consider to be one of the best deals available. The AWD has proven its worth again and again. I especially like being able to lock the AWD at slower speeds. I have the manual transmission and average over 27 mpg. I have driven cars using a manual transmission for 40 years and it really enhances the driving experience. It has been mechanically sound – no problems. It is still a kick to drive.
Cons: The A-pillar extends just enough forward that it blocks the view on some left hand corners.
Overall review: The SX4 has been a great value initially – what you get for your money – and in the long run, as it has been a reliable car.
Perfect for female driver by Senior Lady on 06/03/2012. Trim: 2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Touring AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good value. I like the way the seats are set higher, allowing a better view when driving. good gas mileage. AWD for all types of weather. Quiet engine. Nice size, easy to parallel park.
Cons: Must be aware of the side view mirror and approaching vehicles, there is a blind spot. Keep that in mind when passing.
Overall review: Comfortable size, great driving in Minnesota winters.
awsome little snow mobile by PGHBanditRob19 on 01/22/2012. Trim: 2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Technology AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I bought this as a DEaler Demo..{.the sales manager had been using it} and they had done a lot of add ons to it, with all the body moldings, Carbon Fiber interior, and customized leather seats added. The 17" sport wheels are a nice touch, but do add to road noise and a rougher ride.The sound system with added Ipod link are awsome [so says my 16 yr old son). I have the 5 speed manual, which is a little tricky to use, and now wish I had gotten the automatic. For the money, it's the best car you can find! The AWD capability is AWSOME!!!
Cons: Manual 5 speed needed another gear {they added it for the 2010} and is a little tricky to use, even for the experienced driver.
Overall review: I love this car!!!! We are now considering the Kizashi for a replacement car for my wife Pacifica. Suzuki makes a nice product for the money.
Great Small 4 wheel drive car by doug on 10/14/2011. Trim: 2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Touring AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car has a great combination of features, four wheel drive and fun factor. Its comfortable. It feels like a much more expensive car when you sit in it and when you drive it.
Cons: One of the interior panels is does not fit really well and the hook that holds the driver's carpet down broke and can't be replaced. The four wheel drive version gets slightly worse gas mileage, so it would be nice if it had a bigger gas tank... yet we've went 350 miles on the 11 gallon tank on a recent trip..
Overall review: Overall this is a very well put together well thought out car. We've gotten over 30 MPG on fully loaded trips on ice and snow in fourwheel drive. There is no other car that I know of that can do that!