2009 Lexus IS

Glad I bought it. by Rocker on 10/26/2009. Trim: 2009 Lexus IS 250, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent fit and finish.Sporty and fun to drive.Great handling and breaking.Plenty of power plus great mileage.Smooth shifting auto transmission even under hard acceleration.
Cons: Cramped rear seat.
Overall review: I love this car!Tried out all the competition,glad I bought Lexus.
I love this car by Scott on 02/06/2009. Trim: 2009 Lexus IS 250 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Sporty handling, sharp steering, quality of materials, excellent factory sound system. Good fuel economy for an AWD vehicle. Very fun to drive, feels quicker and more responsive than its specs suggest. Engine is smooth, quiet and revs well. Transmission is responsive, quick and smooth shifting. Point and shoot maneuverability even on wet/slick pavement. VDIM keeps car stable in all weather.
Cons: Taut ride and super handling would suggest a vehicle with 300+hp. A softer ride would seem more suited to the vehicle's engine performance. Busy ride on freeway is not uncomfortable, but also not ideal for long trips. Limited interior space.
Overall review: Vehicle was not as expected. I wasn't expecting much for 204hp. I wasn't expecting the vehicle to be responsive. It feels quicker than the numbers suggest. Its easy to get good fuel economy as well. The 6spd auto transmission is quick to react, has a combination of snow mode, power mode and the fun paddle shifters. The car is a blast to drive. It sticks to the road very well, and AWD means you can power out of turns quickly without fuss. I'm averaging around 24mpg in suburban driving at cold temps within the first few hundred miles. 30+ mpg on highway at 65mph is possible. Ride is a little tight for me, but great handling is the payout. Standard sound system (not ML) is phenomenal. Nice balance, great imaging, and has time alignment for the driver. Zero defects, no problems, rattles or otherwise. As long as you're not expecting a rocket ship, and don't need lots of interior room, this is a great all weather sedan that won't kill you at the pump.
Great sporty sedan. by Max on 05/21/2009. Trim: 2009 Lexus IS 250 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Exterior design, Handling is very well, leather seat so great, and full time all wheel drive , it made me safe, and the Nav. system and back carema are very helpful.
Cons: nothing.
Overall review: Great great great car.
4 Door Not for the Family by ozz on 03/02/2013. Trim: 2009 Lexus IS 250 AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Even with the smaller 250 it performs well and the little engine has some attitude. handling is superb AWD is great. average 30+ mpg on the highway. quite easy to maintain and work on. Navigation has LOTS OF SPACE to suction cup things to the otherwise USELESS navigation SCREEN ie. a REAL navigation system.. phone, Garmin, etc. the pro is they allowed a large enough screen (7 full inches) to mount a suction cup device that would then be able to mount a Garmin onto the screen rather than it take up the windshield. WOW CAN FIT UP TO THREE SUCTION CUPS!! my wife just mounts the entire i pad mini over the screen. deep down i think Lexus knew.. very very dependable car
Cons: expensive, would've gotten a sporty Toyota for less, lacking space in the back seat, again; nothing a sporty Toyota wouldn't fix. Rotating my tires and discovered Toyota rims are used with plenty of Toyota parts under the hood. navigation for the year (2009) which is DVD based is terrible. i just suction cup my phone to the screen and use the navigation my phone offers.. paddle shifts are small plastic and feel cheap. transmission doesn't respond well to the manual shift (sport mode). . cup holders are oddly located in the front seat (when i drive my arm is in my wife's beverage) design is bubbly (too round)? needs premium fuel and its not a turbo? it has 202hp please..
Overall review: the handling is the best i've ever experienced. agile & responsive. feels a little heavy at times during acceleration. have to buy upgrades for the navi. construction makes it inaccurate so i'm lost sometimes. if they haven't already done it they need to follow suit of Mercedes & use the GPS navigation system with the update feature. maybe i'm not an IS man maybe gs or larger i love Lexus and always wanted one now i may just want a larger one. don't spend 40000+ on a car without driving it for at least a couple of days. drives well but too small for long trips. me, wife and child managed but was really tight. only recommend buying if you're single couple this is not a family car. it is a sports car so keep in mind (limited space). zippy little engine that's good for tuning and upgrading i'm looking for a supercharger for my wife. id rather ride my motorcycle or drive my Chevy truck but when i do drive i push it everywhere, every turn & the performance is ok but the handling is great.
Best all round bang for the buck!! by Andrew from Ottawa on 01/27/2010. Trim: 2009 Lexus IS 250 AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great little car used mostly for local and short trips, with AWD and winter tires it powers thru the Canadian winters with no problems at all. My other vehicle is an SUV so this car really feels very sporty and is fun to drive. I really love the lines on this car even more every time I wash it, and it just seems to look better the longer I own it.
Cons: Could do with a little more power as only the 250 is offered with AWD, but as my wife drives this car more than I do it's okay. We ordered the car for an 09 model and to get the HID head lights we would of needed to order a $9k option package that also had GPS as this would have been a total waste of money. Because of that option pricing we nearly passed on this great little car. So we ordered the cheaper interior package and spent $400 on after market HID lights.
Overall review: Great well made car that seems it will last for ever as long as you can get the options you are looking for!!