2009 Subaru Impreza

fun little four wheely by Ali on 04/27/2012. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: solid ride, sharp communicative steering, handling with STi rear swaybar added, 4WD excellent in snow/rain, safety, driving position, boxer engine/exhaust note
Cons: lousy OEM tires, heavy steering, automatic transmission performance
Overall review: This is an excellent alternative to the corolla, civic, sentra and golf. It has a nice personality and the styling is handsome with the wrx aero kit. This car is however priced higher than the civic and corolla but it does offer 4wd and this makes a night and day difference specially if you live in Canada like me. the driving position is low and old school so that you can actually see that hood of the car! This is refreshing, nice and allows me to better aim the car through corners. Its a fun little car to throw into corners. Fuel economy is not bad for a 4wd 3000lbs car, im averaging 25mpg mostly city. Only downfall for this car is its obsolete 4 speed automatic transmission, although it does not feel that bad for around town driving. On the highway though the rpm are high at just under 3000 at 75mph. So it is a bit noisy. Some people complain about the stereo quality which can be fixed by tweaking the settings to add some treble and enabling the SRS Circle Surround.
the little car that could... but with a few issues by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/14/2010. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the way my Subie drives and handles. The AWd is a great feature to have in my cold, hilly, snowy climate. I have the premium speakers, which are wonderful. The hatchback also gives wonderful versitility. good visibility, too.
Cons: the car gets a little noisy on rough roads. I did some sound-proofing which helped a little. I would do more... if I decide to keep my car. I bought it used, with 15k. Now, at 21k it has been in the shop for 2 weeks and counting. The transmission blew a bering...the same one, for the second time! (I found out the previous owner also had this problem) I asked the mechanic he said it is NOT a result of my shifting. Now I don't know if I should get a different car before the warrenty is up or if I should take my chances... I think this is an unacceptable predicament for a car this new.
Overall review: I think this is a great car. The extra performance and control provided by the manual transmission is a must in my opinion. (I average 27 mpg). Please, just learn from me... don't go buying an already rust-proofed, almost-new car someone was obviously planning to keep because they upgraded the soundsystem from a dealer that doesnt normally sell new cars of the same make. (i.e. a Subaru from a Honda dealer)
This Impreza Will Imprezya by Sexual Mustache from San Diego, CA on 12/30/2009. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything! I love this car, it is my first Subaru purchase (and first brand new car) and I don't see myself straying from anything else but a Subaru in the future. I used to drive a '93 4Runner and was skeptical about the technology of the safety features, but with the way I drive I have experienced first hand that they truly do work and come in handy, including the VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) and the EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution). I just wish I would've trusted it earlier but now I know. From the the first test drive you can tell the handling is superb and makes you feel very safe, this thing handles lane changes at 110mph, like nothing I've ever driven.
Cons: Nothing, this car solid. You can't ask for much more.
Overall review: Besides the standard safety features and Symmetrical AWD, the 10-speaker stereo system with the 6-disc in-dash CD player and aux controls are awesome. Also, I love the ipod interface! Quite possibly my favorite feature on the car. The styling is also excellent, very unique and stylish. Always getting looks by others, I myself can get entranced by the LED taillights, so beautiful! The 5 door makes it so versatile too, great for packing it with stuff, it hardly makes me miss my 4Runner. I just wish I would've gotten a manual just for the driving experience and better gas mileage. But 22mpg on average still beats a 4Runner any day so I can't complain. Overall this car is solid in every aspect and so fun to drive, it's always a joy to take out. I love my Subaru Impreza!
What AWD car beats this one?? by Eric, Arizona but moving to Colorado! on 06/16/2009. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Awesome car! everything on there is a pro!
Cons: The interior gets scratched easyly but who cares! who doesn't scratch the interior?? seriously? Also maybe i would complain about the gas milage.
Overall review: I love this car so much that it has everything that you can think of except leather seats! whatever! I don't care about the seats all I care about the features of the car and how it's done. AWD car seriously, you can live anywhere...well not anywhere anywhere but an All season state, this car is the best! Also this car has the best handling I have ever driven. I finally convinced my wife to get this car and now she really loves it! It's her car and she said if we ever get rid of this car I will be getting a subaru! So We won't buy any other car companies except subaru. If I need a truck I'll buy a Baja. Anyways my point is this car has everything!
Great practicle and fun all season car. by Impressed in Colorado on 01/14/2009. Trim: 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I spent a month looking and comparing other similar cars. I ended up picking the Impreza because it comes with everything I was looking for as standard. THe other companies require you to pay more for power locks, power windows, cruise, keyless entry, and all wheel drive. The Impreza comes with all these options standard. The Impreza handles extremely well on ice and snow.
Cons: The MPG on the window sticker claimed 20-27 MPG. I was hesitant but glad I chose the car anyway. The best MPG I have gotten has been 34 MPG on I-25 and I average 30-31 MPG driving back and forth from home and work.
Overall review: I am very happy with my Impreza. It is one of the best equiped and comfertable cars I've owned. I am very happy the Impreze comes stocked with all the options I think most people look for in a car. I was also very happy to learn about Subaru's dedication to the environment and reclimation. Thier factories are 0 landfill and have sanctuaries for wildlife.