2009 Ford F-150

Overrated F-150 by Mike on 06/04/2011. Trim: 2009 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCab 6.5-ft. Bed, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I chose the F-150 Lariat after extensive driving of all competitors. The Lariat offered the most bang for the buck, with marvellous features. The Ford Synch technology is very impressive, easy to use and very handy on the road. The back up camera LED was great. I loved the overall most comfort.. The ability to haul was impressive, too. It was unstoppable in heavy snow. On one occasion I took my kid to the hospital at 4 AM, after a 2' blizzard with no issues. The electronic 4by4 shift was a dream.
Cons: The heated and cooled seats began to malfunction after 5 mos, with a marked decline in the driver seat cooling power. The dealer wasn't helpful in making it right (and never did), explaining that AC output to the seat was fine, which it was, but the coolant was not blowing through the seat cushion,which they said wasn't an issue. This is an expensive vehicle to buy and operate, so I expected more than excuses. I paid as much as $135/wk in gas. The hauling and towing capacity of the vehilce was more than I could ever expect to use, so I wound up paying for more than I needed. Also, it lacked acceleration. Highway handling was also not very good at speeds above 60 MPH.
Overall review: I liked my F-150 Lariat, but after 18 mos of owndership I left with a bad taste in my mouth. I choose the F150 Lariat over the Laramie, Escalade, Titan and the BMW X3/X5, so this wasn't a flippant purchase. The heated and cooled seats, overall comfort and numerous bells and whistles for the money is what tipped the scales in favor of the Lariat so my issue with the driver seat cooling mechanism was very frustrating, and made worse by the dealerships that were never enthusiastic about solving my problem. I think Ford needs to better monitor its dealerships in this regard b/c this isn't the first time Ford dealers were out to lunch warranty service (I experienced the same thing with my Mustang GT Convertible, which I bought in VA, had in CA and PA). If you want excellent post-sales service, Toyota and BMW are the best. Throw in the expense in driving the truck (sometimes as much as $135 to fill the tank), and it will be a while before I buy another F-150.
4 years old and still the best truck I have ever owned. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/01/2013. Trim: 2009 Ford F-150, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I own a 2009 F150 Platinum. The ride and comfort are the best of any truck I have ever owned. The sync works very well and the display for the navigation and backup camera is excellent.
Cons: The power running boards are more of a gimmick than a necessity. The drivers side started having trouble at about 40,000 miles and I had both removed and replaced with chrome running boards. I get other platinum owners asking me all the time how I got one without the power running boards. Most owners are tired of them by 1-2 years of ownership.
Overall review: This is the best truck I have ever owned and haven't found a new one worth giving this one up for. I put a folding bed cover on the bed that lays flat and it improved the gas mileage by about 1.1 mpg. I would recommend this truck to anyone.
Ford just keeps raising the bar........ by gilly......langley b.c. on 11/10/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab 6.5-ft. Bed, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: sound system is amazing, braking outstanding, quick response in speed and steering, love dash display......back seat is also amazing with all the room. I couldn't be happier. She's my baby....and I get alot of looks, but of course that's not why I bought it, is it?
Cons: The only thing that bothered at first was the size of the door opening. I had a '98 f-150 xl and had no problem getting in. I'm 6'3" and now I have to move the seat back and raise the steering wheel to make it easier to get in later. Also, I only weight 195 lbs. so weight or stomach isn't an issue. Had the truck for 6 months and I've gotten pretty used to it. Besides, I'm not returning this gem because I have to bend alittle more to get in.
Overall review: recommend it to anyone. not taking away from other trucks on market, but this one I'll have for along time, unless I buy another one.
The Very Best by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/11/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCab 6.5-ft. Bed Flareside 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Whats not to like? The interior is fabulous and when I'm pulling a trailer it is far more stable than any other half ton. The truck seems to achieve it's torque at lower RPMs than other trucks which keeps wear low and hopefully translates into extended engine life. The exterior is amazing, I was kind of weary of the new look until I saw one in person and was convinced this is the best looking half ton.
Cons: Well, if I was looking for a truck to race as opposed to work, I would say the Ford comes up short for now.
Overall review: Well, since I need a truck that can work and lasts longer than other trucks I've had to deal with, the Ford is the best way to go. The interior is awesome and the seats are great for long trips. The suspension is a little rougher empty than the new rear coils on the Dodge, but look at how much less the Dodge can pull and haul because of them, it's a no brainer, FORD wins. I've towed with both 4.6L and 5.4L equiped trucks as well as half tons from other companies and the Fords tow the best hands down. Stability, braking, and visibility are unbeatable on the Ford and I hear that they are also the safest half tons you can buy as well.
Bailout Needed by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/23/2008. Trim: 2009 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 6.5-ft. Bed 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling, layout, ride, comfort,
Cons: More power, can not tow a 9k# trailer up a 2% grade. Severly disappointed in it's tow capacity. Ford almost had a winner but know I see why they need a bailout. Just can't get it right like the Toyota.
Overall review: Until they get an engine that can handle the specs it is a worthless truck.