2009 MINI Clubman

Good car but not for everyone by LargoMini on 09/23/2011. Trim: 2009 MINI Clubman Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great gas mileage Amazing handling for a wagon Very easy to use stick shift Comfortable seats
Cons: Cheap feeling materials Quality only average Weak body panels Will have to throw the tires away after only one year Incomplete instrument panel Third door should be on the left
Overall review: This is a decent, fun car to drive. The trunk space is much larger than its smaller cousins but this doesn't hurt the handling. It sips fuel even if you're hard on the gas, I always average about 35 mpg, 9 more than my previous car so the smaller gas tank doesn't bother me. BMW's quality control is clearly dropping. My last car, a Dodge, was SHODDY quality and the MINI isn't much better. Also, the controls are so British - they're a mess. Why do the wipers have only three speeds? You can't adjust the intermittent settings either. I wish they would make power adjustable seats that could also tilt at the base. My last two cars had problems that a temp/battery gauge picked up. The MINI has no gauges for those! The body's metal is FLIMSY. I've never owned a car that dented so easily! My dad's truck was in a light hail storm one night (No dents!). My MINI would have been ruined if it was outside. I do like this car but unless BMW makes several big improvements, my next car won't be a MINI.
Sporty and Nimble by Arizona on 03/05/2010. Trim: 2009 MINI Clubman John Cooper Works, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The handling is exceptional. The car has serious go power.
Cons: I would move the window switches to the door. Rubber in cup holders a little annoying.
Overall review: Have had this car for a year now. I get a smile every time I get in and hit the sport button. The Clubman gave me the room I need and it handles in my opinion as well as the standard Cooper.
Clubman- S Rock by MINIME on 02/25/2010. Trim: 2009 MINI Clubman S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great handling, good gas mileage. I traded in a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid for this car, it is that much more FUN to drive. I love the Hot Chocolate color. With Lounge Leather seats you get lumbar support. Works very well in the snow here in Chicago, as long as you drive like a sane person. Love this car, I don't miss the Hybrid. SPORT BUTTON weeeee :)
Cons: Hot Chocolate shows dirt almost as quick as black does. Looks GREAT when it is clean though. Nothing else to put in this section.
Overall review: Great car and fun to drive. Ever wonder why people driving MINI's are always smiling? thats because they are have more fun than you are while traveling down the same road. I purchased the Service department "Loaner", so I got all of the bells and whistles and still got about $7,200.00 off of the price!! My warranty started with the amout of the milage that was on the car when I purchased it.
Great Car by Sugar from Atlanta on 07/23/2014. Trim: 2009 MINI Clubman S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The get up and go. Can park any place. Great gas mileage. Fun to drive.
Cons: Not enough storage space up front. Checking the oil dipstick is difficult.
Overall review: I LOVE THIS CAR !!!!!
Puts the fun back in driving by Hilmi on 05/08/2010. Trim: 2009 MINI Clubman S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: -Excellent accelleration and handling -Lots of good fun to drive -Reasonable space considering the size of the car (Although not as big as some people make it sound, this is a small car, make no mistake about that) -The exhaust has a nice rumble to it -Boot space extremely easy to access due to double doors -Accessories, accessories, accessories. I have owned many cars and this is the most customizable car I have ever had, without even having to resort to third party accessories. BMW has so many toys to keep you busy. -Image, the car is very stylish and atracts lots of admirring looks.
Cons: -Performance suffers considerably durring hot weather, I fealt a huge difference in performance between when I recieved it and it was 32 celsius and 2 weeks later when the temp peaked to 40 celsius -Lets in lots of wind noise through Panoramic roof and net shade is poor protection from the sun -Seat belt extremely difficult to reach if you are short and have to have the seat forward. -Where is the temprature gauge? Living in a hot country I want advance warning the the temp is creaping up! Same applies if you are occasionally going to race the car on a track. -Comes standard with run flats and I had no say in that. The concept of driving without a spare tire is intimidating
Overall review: If you want a fun fun car that has is reasonably fast, yet is still practical (to a certain extent), this car is perfect. The car is fast, responsive and infinitely modifiable. BMW service is outstanding where I live and the fact that I have to service it only once every 30,000 Km makes maintenance so easy. If you are believing the reviewers who rave about how spacious it is, dont. If you want something that spacious you might need to go for something a little bigger. You also might find it hard to justify the purchase price of this car as it is double the price of simillarly sized vehicles available where I live.