2009 Ford Edge

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned by Lighting Bug, Northern CA on 07/28/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Edge Limited FWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Styling, big color Nav, SYNC w/ Ipod use thru stereo, 7-color changeable int. lights, giant glass vista roof, and 20" wheels all best-in-class. At 3 1/2 years and 93,000 miles have had no problems. 17 mpg city and 26 hwy. Its been across the country on 7-9000 mile road trips 3X. Venza, Murano did not compare in features for price. I got a $5500 factory rebates combined in March '09--$4000 off from Ford at the start of the bad economy, $500 college grad rebate, and $1000 in 'conquest cash' because I was driving a non-Ford (Dodge) at the time even tho I didn't trade it in. Paid <$35000 out the door for a vehicle with a $42000 MSRP. After all those miles blue book says its still worth $18k.
Cons: The voice activation could be more intelligent; Like when you are looking for an address and you say the city name, it should notice and display the adjoining cities within a mile--or the city you're in at the time-with the GPS that sound similar first; only then the ones that are 500 mi away after that etc. for example. The fender flares especially are subject to dings and dents in parking lots from careless or jealous parkers next to you. Perhaps a clear silicon cover piece could be applied over these to prevent this.
Overall review: If this car were hit by a drunk driver tomorrow and totaled...even after 3 1/2 years I would buy another one. Maybe the sport model this time. Or maybe with ecoboost. But still--the Edge is the only vehicle for me now. Plus--I'm an industrial designer, not for an OEM car company but with consumer products and occasional Hot Rods etc so--I'd like to think I know a thing or two about good design and styling. One of my friends is a designer at Honda in Torrance and his company car is that abysmal-looking Accord Crosstour. (IMO the proportions especially are just...wrong.) All my friends from Art Center point and laugh. He didn't design it but he's working on the new one. My Ford Edge challenges him to do better.
Great Crossover! by Debk on 11/11/2010. Trim: 2009 Ford Edge Limited AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the looks. Very quiet driving. Acceleration is good. Interior is roomy and very comfortable. The lift tailgate is very easy. Not heavy like my Jeep. I get a lot of compliments. We have the light interior leather seats and carpet. Purchased the floor mats for front and back which keep the carpet spotless. Would definitely buy another one.
Cons: Disconnected the Bluetooth. Wouldn't let me call sometimes. Gas mileage is close to what they said. Acceleration is good but not strong as my v8 Jeep was.
Overall review: Love it! Very sporty feeling.
Solid Crossover - I've come back to Ford! by Harry from Austin on 11/02/2010. Trim: 2009 Ford Edge SEL FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Nice styling. Good size. V6 super smooth. Love the Vista Roof. Great prices on 2010 and 2009's as the revamped 2011's come out. Love the rear sensors and the rear view mirrors fish eye corners. Very comfortable. Reclining back seats.
Cons: Dash board a little plain. Gas mileage could be better. Steering wheel leather feels like hard plastic.
Overall review: Nice crossover.
Very Nice! by Chalie on 08/26/2010. Trim: 2009 Ford Edge SEL FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very quiet. Feels like you are driving 35 when you are really going 70. I like the reverse sensing system. It is very accurate and has already paid dividends. Roomy. This is a pretty wide car and it fits a ton of stuff, and the front seat is really roomy with plenty of legroom in the back seat and storage area.
Cons: We have been getting 23 mpg on the highway. I thought we would get the 24 but we haven't reached that high yet.
Overall review: We have owned this vehicle for about 3 months. So far it is the nicest driving vehicle I have ever owned. I haven't owned many, but this car is nice. It should be fantastic for all around uses.
Best in its Class, beats the east anyday. by jots dubai on 12/09/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Edge Limited AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: space, looks , options , vista roof, sync system (to an extent), power, stability.
Cons: no built in navigation, quality could get a bit better in places.
Overall review: go 4 it !! it rocks...