2009 Jeep Compass

"A Cool Little SUV" by coolbeans on 04/28/2009. Trim: 2009 Jeep Compass Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Like everyone else, I LOVE THIS CAR!! We were looking for a Wrangler, but the wife wanted to try the Compass, I'm very happy she did, because this is a great car, very versitle, smooth ride, excellent handling..we can tow it 4 down behind our RV too! We have the sport with the Rallye package, surprisingly roomy, just can't say enough good about this car.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Good fit and finish, good paint quality, solid feel, doors close with that "luxury car" feel, impressive ride, cabin is reasonably quiet for a smaller vehicle, nice interior, well designed dash.
Our first Jeep! So far; so good! by BC and SC in GA on 10/10/2010. Trim: 2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great sized vehicle for our family. Great sound system, lots of room, easy to install the darned car seat, decent mileage on the highway. Love the CVT after getting used to it and also love the mileage it gets! Seems as if there is more room in our Compass than my friend's small feeling Liberty. The leather is first rate, like the leather on a much more expensive vehicle. Averaging 25 mpg so far and we like it. Love the tire pressure indicators. My wife feels very safe in this vehicle and the insurance was inexpensive compared to other vehicles. The insurance on the Compass was 40% less than a 2009 Mazda 6. Go figure. All fluid levels are easy to see and check. So far; so good!
Cons: Would love to have a Compass with a small V-6! The CVT takes some getting use to. The front seats travel rails stick out and have already "gotten" my wife twice in the last 2 weeks. Even though the vehicle is small, hard to see the front of the vehicle when parking. A 13.6 gallon gas tank is WAY too small for this vehicle. The information readout is in the left side of the drivers gages and is very difficult to reach; why wasn't it placed in the center of the vehicle? The battery is almost impossible to access! I hope and pray the Compass never needs to be jump started and also that I have lots of notice before the battery dies. I will never be able to change the battery myself!
Overall review: This vehicle replaces my 2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx, which is my favorite vehicle of all time. The Jeep has the cargo capacity and luxuries that my Chevy had and more. I do miss my remote start feature and am looking at getting an aftermarket one. The Chevy was totaled in a huge accident. EMT's and police were astounded that I wasn't killed, even though I walked away. We chose the Jeep for its quality, recommendation of a friend who owns an 07 Compass, and reputation. I hope Jeep doesn't discontinue an entry level vehicle. Not everyone goes through the woods every weekend. I just want a safe, dependable vehicle that will transport my family safely, dependably, and economically. The Jeep is perfect for this. As our family grows in size, we may also grow in Jeep. We love our Jeep...so far!
Jeep Pointed in the Right Direction with the Compass! by Shirlee O on 01/19/2010. Trim: 2009 Jeep Compass Sport 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great value for price, comfortable interior, great on gas, roomy cargo area, rear seats are comfortable for adults, great warranty
Cons: Road noise transfers into interior compartment
Overall review: If you are looking for an economical version of those pricey SUVs, this Compass is it! I am very satisfied with my purchase.
Good Car for 1 or family of three by Dave N.J. on 07/27/2009. Trim: 2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My Wife and I actually have the 2007 model and we have have very little to nothing go wrong with the vehicle yet. It's a great car for what we paid for it. Went from a Jeep Cherokee sport to this vehicle and am pretty happy so far. Rides and handles well. Has enough room for family of three. Would recommend to others.
Cons: Road noise...Like other Jeeps...it can get load inside the vehicle...but that is typical of a jeep...other than that, no.
Overall review: Overall it's worth a look and a test drive. Compared to other vehicles of the class...it's pretty affordable.
Great little SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/04/2009. Trim: 2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smooth ride and great handling. Fun to drive. Exterior is very appealing. Vehicle is great size for my wife and I.
Cons: The tracks the front seats slide on stick out in front a bit and you can scrape you feet on them. The back seat is not very roomy.
Overall review: Great vehicle at a great price.