1996 Honda del Sol

1996 Honda del Sol Prices
1996 Honda del Sol Fuel Economy
FUN AND DEPENDABLE IN THE SUN! by NBB123 on 08/31/2010. Trim: 1996 Honda del Sol Si, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This was my second del sol.My first one was a 95/stick/ and I loved it.2 years ago I found a 1996 on ebay/automatic and had it shipped to WV.I had it worked over and spent $2000.00 getting everthing up to original standards.Neither ever leaked.I love it!It is the best car in the snow and in the summer there is nothing better then taking the top off.I have never had to do another thing to it but change a tire,which a belt broke,It has 119,000 miles on it now and it runs like brand new.The ride is better then the new honda's and the design is amazing.My next xar will be a Prelude.I love everything about it and it still has the original radio and I get great reception.Gas milage is amazing.
Cons: Well lI can see why these cars are selling for 5 and 6k even now.The problem is they all have high millage.I just know that everyone loves to ride in it and I would not take less then $4500 for it.Ofcouse there are small cosmetiic dings but nothing major.I plan to have it painted soon.The car is just fun!If you can get your hands on one that has not been altered and under 130,000 miles take it to a great mechanic.spend the cash and you will not have a problem of any kind.I think it is one of the best designed cars in years.I drove a 2010 Honda Civic and the 1996 rides so much better.Smoothest transmission in a small car I have ever had,And the car has zip!I see no cons to report.
Overall review: A winner in design,engine,and looks.the key is to spend the money up front to have it retored to original specs.I pd 6,000 with shipping...so for 8,000 I have a wonderful car that will beat any new car at 20,00!If you buy one and do the right things upfont,you will have a great car.I drive my 2008 Mercury sable on trips and I love that car too!Now I want a prelude!
Timeless, Classey and Rare Sporty car, that's pheonomonal on Gas Too!!! by "Silver bullet" from Wisonsin,....(alias "Grey Ghost" from NY) :) on 12/25/2008. Trim: 1996 Honda del Sol Si, Owned 4 years.
Pros: When I got this 96 Del Sol Si, my friend loved it so much, he got one too! Super gas mileage, great fun to drive, I love the hard top! (doesn't rattle) tons of storage space! An all over sharpe car! that not too many people own! It turns heads! people are always asking 'what is it? I've had lots of offers to buy it ! (notes left on windshield etc.)It's very reliiable, and gets the best gas mileage I've ever seen! (41+ mpg) I always look for others out there! but I'm lucky if I see more than 3 or 4 a year!!!...I plan on keeping my car! (I also love the back window that goes down!...great for air, when you don't want to take the top off, or use the A/C) bottom line "IT'S A FOREVER KEEPER!"
Cons: The only 'con' I can think of with this car is where the cup holder is !!!...kind of awkward and hard to reach!!!....other than that!....She's a '10' !!!!
Overall review: The design is timeless, (people can't beleive that it's a 1996!!! they think it's brand new!!!) It handles and drives very responsively, it's fast, has clean lines! and is great fun to drive!!! Hugs the curves, everything works great in it! wonderful sound system! can drive all day and then some on a tank of gas!!! and shop too! (the way the top stores into the rack just under the lid of the trunk, allows full access to the trunk for whatever! (including golf clubs! it's that BIG!!!) If you're tall, you won't feel cramped! it's amazing how the interior has been designed! Also, it's worth mentioning that I haven't had any problems with it! just regular maintenance, frequent oil changes, etc.! No problems! I've read where these cars can easily go over 250,000+ miles! and I'm not surprised!!!..a friend in town used to own one, and has ALWAYS regretted selling it! (always asking how mine is doing! (now stored for the winter!) Can't wait to bring it back out in the Spring!!! I LOVE IT!!!
1996 Del Sol VTEC by BDUB IN ABELAND on 06/22/2005. Trim: 1996 Honda del Sol VTEC, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love the gas mileage I get out of my Del Sol. I drive A LOT for work, whether it be around town or on the highway back and forth to Chicago. I've driven it all over, back and forth to Denver, Wisconsin, Chicago. It definitley catches peoples eye, just because you don't see them a lot. In the summer, with the top off, it's great to take on a road trip! I have never had a problem with mine mechanically. I just had the timing belt changed about 2 years ago. I bought the car with 62,000 miles on it, and I just hit 117,000! I know that I can get another 100,000 miles out of this Honda! Great car!
Cons: The ONLY thing I dislike about my Del Sol is the lack of space. I am a golfer and my clubs barely fit in the trunk. However, I did somehow pack my car as tight as possible when I moved to Denver. I was amazed at how much I fit into it, but it was not too comfortable!
Overall review: GREAT car. Reliable, reliable, reliable. It looks sharp, great gas mileage, fun to drive, turns on a dime, handles great. Love my Del Sol!
teamdelsol.com by Miguel6632 on 09/11/2003. Trim: 1996 Honda del Sol S, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: awsome car all around
w w w. Teamdelsol .com by Miguel6632 on 08/29/2003. Trim: 1996 Honda del Sol S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love evrything since they were made limited quantities for example in 1996 they only made like 8500 del sols so they are becoming more rare and its a chick magnet once u fix it up
Cons: NONE
Overall review: awsome car especially with a body kit