2009 Toyota Yaris

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Snub-Nosed Car by The Bellinghamster on 02/27/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota Yaris Liftback 3-Door MT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Overall MPG is 35.6 (75% city, 25% highway) in 7 months of ownership. Extremely reliable. Cost about $2000 less than a Honda Fit and the styling is better. It has a spare tire unlike the Fit. Extremely easy to park.
Cons: Cabin noise is higher than I like. No tachomenter or temperature gauge on base model. Not enough exterior color choices.
Overall review: I'd highly recommend this car to anyone interested in a reliable small car. The Yaris is Toyota's number one selling car in Europe for a reason.
A gem by Toyota by Matt from Battle Ground on 05/04/2009. Trim: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: solid Toyota build quality, surprising amount of room (especially in the back), stellar mileage, nimble, easy to park, nice freeway manners for a small car, standard ABS, gated shifter for the AT is a nice touch
Cons: tall headrests and thick window pillars create blindspots, some models (including mine), inexplicably don't come with adjustable speed intermittent wipers, cruise control switches hard to see
Overall review: I'm a bit baffled by the automotive press' lukewarm reviews of this car- for the money, it seems like a fantastic value. It's very refined for a car its size, solidly built, gets great mileage with a regular gasoline engine (some of us can't afford hybrids), is surpisingly roomy, and seems to get the most out of its 1.5-liter engine. Fortunately, I based my decisions on user reviews, not by "expert" ones and I'm glad I did. The press was raving about the Honda Fit. While I'm sure it's capable, it's also odd-looking, more expensive, and only comes as a 5-door liftback. The Yaris sedan is a terrific little car that shows that Toyota still sets the standard for sub-compact cars. And for all the editors who complained about the car's performance, believe it or not, some of us value gas mileage, build quality, and reliability foremost- that's why we buy cars like this. Besides, the car is peppy enough for every driving situation I've encountered so far.
A great economy car. by Sally from Houston on 10/30/2013. Trim: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4-Spd AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I bought my '09 Yaris used at CarMax, have owned it for almost 2 years and love it. I am averaging 36.5 mpg in the city, which is almost what Toyota states for highway mileage. The back seats fold down from the trunk and I can fit a LOT of stuff in the car when needed. I love the sporty front grill too.
Cons: Not just on this car, but also on the Chevy Impala I owned before it. The driver's seat is offset too far to the left. Being a shorter person I have to sit a little farther to the right, so the rounded seatback is uncomfortable. Again, not specific to this vehicle, but most of the newer vehicles on the market are built this way. I also don't like how the cup holders are right in front of the air conditioner vents - having a cup in the holder blocks air flow.
Overall review: I love this car, will drive mine until it dies. My last Toyota was a Corolla and it hit 250,000+ miles before I finally sold it and the friend I sold it to drove it another 3-4 years before he sold it again. It was still running when he sold it.
The ultimate econocar by Nate auvil on 09/20/2012. Trim: 2009 Toyota Yaris Liftback 3-Door MT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I have had this car since its model year 2009 and I love how economical and reliable it is. I never doubt whether I will get to my final destination. I have made some improvements such as sound system and wheels and tires and I must say compared to my old focus svt it easily makes me happier even if it isn't as fast. It still makes me smile around corners and gas pumps and in America I think that's what we need to focus on.
Cons: The fit and finish of the inside is not on top but this is an economy car so I cannot complain. My review is honest. Tapping the dash is like hitting the front of a soda machine but the core of this vehicle is sound and modifications are easy. I am dissappointed that the Japanese haven't figured out that us yanks love a digital dash, I kind of wish I had the Aussie dash as it is aqua and digital.
Overall review: Give me a digital dash, turbo, And air bag suspension(for optimal handling and city driving) and I will buy toyotas the rest of my life.
A very good car for gas mileage by CBBob on 09/28/2011. Trim: 2009 Toyota Yaris Liftback 3-Door MT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: this car has plenty of room inside and very good gas miles spend lots of time driving this car 45000 miles no trouble with it so far
Cons: no big problems so far
Overall review: good 4 long trips
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next