2009 Jeep Liberty

Rugged-every day SUV by Sean from Rochester on 04/01/2011. Trim: 2009 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This Jeep has everything a typical American could want. Reliability, space, good looks and comfort. The engine is peppy and provides a lot of torque when needed. It is capable of getting you anywhere in the winter months up north, you'll never worry about getting places with this one. The history is one to respect, and these guys got it right again.
Cons: Not much here. Fuel economy isn't the greatest, but I don't think anyone is going to compare this to one of the small, car based CUV's pretending to be tough and rugged. Tell me how many truck based vehicles are going to get better gas milage anyway. Next time Jeep, don't let the Nitro off the Dodge assembly line because that vehicle drags down the Liberty image big time.
Overall review: Buy one now! If you're a person who enjoys the outdoors and the challenges it brings, this is one vehicle for you. This is the 2nd Liberty I've owned and 0 problems that would cost me a dime yet. Tree huggers, move onto your CRV's and Rav 4's. This one's not for you!
the 2009 redesigned jeep liberty by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/23/2009. Trim: 2009 Jeep Liberty Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: has a little more room. rides a little bit less rough. i dont own this liberty for 2009 but test drove it. i have a 2003 liberty. and love it.
Cons: no more part time 4wd in the new selec trac 2.for the 2009 libertys. works better with it. i dont know why they changed it. lift gate is to heavy. no more grab handles in front. its a 4 wheeler it needs them. low gas mileage. it needs more horse power. the design is to square. the other libertys had more style. spare tire is under car. can get pretty messy trying to get it. should have had a spare tire compartment built into the back. full size spare tire should not be an option. needs a front seat handle to raise drivers seat. should be standard.
Overall review: put back the selec trac the way it was when it had full time 4 wd with part time 4 wd and then 4 wd low. not just full time and low. you need that part time feature in it. thats what made it selec trac. to many changes were made. it is a good suv but in someways it was better before. there is to much plastic. very little is soft to the touch. i would like to see the selec trac put back to the way it was then i would probably buy it. dont forget the grab handles. thankyou.
Super Jeep by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/22/2010. Trim: 2009 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Super vehicle. No complaints after a year of ownership. Unstoppable in snow. Build quality is excellent.
Cons: Gas mileage could be better.
Overall review: Second Jeep liberty and I am extremely happy
Liberty = Value by Marcus on 10/05/2009. Trim: 2009 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Well unlike other reviewers I actually have OWNED the 09 Libery for the past 6 months and that was preceeded by OWNING a 2007 Liberty. I can say overall the new Liberty is a distinct upgrade from the 07; much boxier and hence roomier inside. The ride is much improved and quieter as well. The fact that the seats now fold flat is great and I can fit my golf clubs in without having to fold down the seats. Interior storage is better.... dash, center console and other cubbies.
Cons: There are some things I do not see as improvements. I miss the rear 12V outlet for my air compressor; bad move Jeep engineers. Miss having the rear mounted full size spare with matching wheel so you can easily change your tire and perform a 5 tire rotation but, I do like the hatch better than the swing door. It's a larger vehicle and hence not quite as nimble; but, that longer wheelbase and stance is what helps with the ride.
Overall review: Overall a great value for less that $22K. A former automotive engineer and restoration buff I have not detected a SINGLE quality issue.... none. I am very pleased with the new Liberty. I feel safe and secure in it and I am driving a true off road vehicle; not a mini-minivan masquerading as an SUV. Gas mileage? Haven't checked it; don't care. If you are worried about that buy one of those cute little CRV's or something.
The '09 Liberty is a Winner! by Mike the BMW guy from Chicago on 01/13/2009. Trim: 2009 Jeep Liberty Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I had a 2004 Limited which gave me flawless performance. But at 92,000 miles and with a lot of upcoming travel, it seemed like a good time to look at an a new replacement. Given my positive experience with the '04, and a recent week long experience in Colorado with an '08 rental, I was inclined to give the Jeep first crack. I havent been disappointed. The '09 models had just made my local dealer's lot and I was immediately impressed with the new touches compared to the '08. The ride is firm--solid; it isnt a car but it certainly isn't harsh. The new interior is more spacious, more refined and borders luxurious. The premium sound system is well tuned to the normal road manners of the Liberty.
Cons: There are few things to dislike. It is easy to make comparisons to other vehicles that might have a particular feature that stands out. It is not a 0-60 in under 5 seconds like the BMW SAV, but the BMW can't climb an off road hill like the Liberty can. It doesn't get 30 MPG like a small competitor, but, again, the Suzuki's of the world lack the off-road ability and the on-road comfort. The gas mileage isn't great at the 20 MPG average I have so far, but we'll see what we get after the engine has 5,000 miles on it and is broken in. The drivetrain is sufficient: it has a lot of zip although it isnt going to deliver M-3 performance--it's a Jeep--that's why we have M-3's!
Overall review: I could not be more pleased with the overall quality of the '09 Liberty Limited: the differences between the '04 and '09 are too many to list: suffice it to say, it is comfortable, easy to drive, fun to drive and it brings with it the durability, reliability and versitility of a Jeep--with enough bells and whistles that anyone who is looking for memory seats, a premium sound system, a leather interior, etc., will not feel disappointed. Jeep has scored well with this latest offering. The price to value for this product scores very high: there is simply a lot of car here for the money. There are trade-offs to everything. Disappointment sets in when the trade-offs result in undesirable sacrifice. Elation sets in with there is a good balance all the way around. I, for one, am elated.