1996 Honda Accord

1996 Honda Accord Prices
1996 Honda Accord Fuel Economy
'good ol' girl' by 'Road Runner' from Louisiana on 02/19/2014. Trim: 1996 Honda Accord, Owned 7 years.
Pros: good mileage I have owned it for 7 years and no trouble except the air conditioner a couple of times. It starts immediately every time, even in winter, and the brakes have remained good. It handles really well.
Cons: the paint
Overall review: my car is 18 years old; I've owned it 7 years with relatively no problems. It has about 300,000 miles on it. I am 78 years old. I wonder how that compares to car years.
one of the greatest cars ever by 101 B. Grand Rapids, Michigan on 12/05/2013. Trim: 1996 Honda Accord LX Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: My Accord has 278,000 miles on it and it runs like to champ. starts up every morning in these cold Michigan winters and in the summer time she does the same. She has never left me stranded she is the number one thing I can count on... See you at 500,000!
Cons: I can't think of anything right off that I don't like about the car.
Overall review: 270 8000 miles in still kicking. I would recommend this car to anyone. at one time I had two Honda Accords, a 95 and a 96 both with over 200,000 miles on them. This is by far one of the greatest cars I have ever driven and will continue to drive
happy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/29/2012. Trim: 1996 Honda Accord LX V6 Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: We bought the car new and it is loaded. Some $30,000. It has been excellent and it has 110,000 miles and still looks almost like it did when it was new. We have had it serviced by Honda Dealer ever 5,000 miles and we have only had to replace tires and batteries other than the normal maintenance item according to the maintenance manual. We have a pilot honda and it has 66,ooo miles and we are going to sell the l996 honda and buy a 2013 Honda Accord in Sept when they come available.
Cons: The car is one of the first V-6 Engines and it only gets about 24 to 26 miles per gallon. That may seem good but with the gas price at $3.00 and above, we would like to get more mpg than that. At least 30 and maybe 34 mpg is reasonable today. But then you look at the price of the new vehicle versus the savings in gas mpg it might be financially better to keep the l996.
Overall review: It is one of the better Hondas that we had and we started in l983 and bought a new one ever four to five years . The l983 was probably the best because it got right at 40mpg on a trip to california but then it was a four cyclinder an we didn't use the a/c that much on that trip. But it was a great little car and I mean little being a 4-door accord.
Great Auto by Satisfied from Asheville on 06/13/2012. Trim: 1996 Honda Accord EX Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Everthing bought it new in 1996 still driving it today and gets 33 mpg on road and 36 around town. Easy to change iol and maintance almost free
Cons: Just one the older I get it is hard to get out of --Sits low ---Bought a CR-V and is great
Overall review: Great Auto
My Favorite Car by Honda Lover from Wisconsin on 11/30/2010. Trim: 1996 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The V6 has great power behind it. Excellent handling and braking. No major problems with the car besides routine maintenance. I got it 5 years ago at 80,000 miles and it now has almost 170,000 and still running strong.
Cons: I have leather seats which are ripping apart at the corners and the A/C compressor seized up. Another problem was the front valve cover gasket starting leaking but that was an easy fix. The gas mileage is not the best but i guess that is the price to pay for having a V6, it gets about 23 mpg on average.
Overall review: I plan on purchasing only hondas for my future cars. I would recommend honda to anyone who wants a super reliable car that is also fun to drive.