2009 Toyota Land Cruiser

2009 Toyota Land Cruiser Prices
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser Fuel Economy
The KING of SUVS by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/25/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: great quality and no problems in a year
Cons: the 3rd row seatswould better if they went down
Overall review: Great Cruiser
Great engine and 6 speed & interior design is an after thought!!!!!! by 911skibum on 01/05/2009. Trim: 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great engine and 6 spped transmission. I had a LC before and this the reason I bought the 2009. Like the new 4 person HVAC controls. Like variable seat heaters rather than the high/low settings of prior LC. Nav system is nice. However, complex and difficult to operate. I liked my former Nav system because it was easier to use. The DVD system is great for kids. The screen blocks your rear view.
Cons: Interior design colors--black, grey, & tan are ugly. The designers are color blind to come up with this ugly combination. My former LC had light tan interior. New Lexus has light interior. The new black dash will help in heating up the interior temp in the summer. The interior feels like you are in a cave!!! The headlights are NOT HID but rather halogen. There is no reason Toyota could not have put HID's on their "flagship". I installed HID's on my former LC. 2009 lights not that great. Third row seats are another design(?) joke. Prior LC seats that were removeable. There is a large amount of rear space lost with this design. Per dealer, they cannot be removed.
Overall review: I bought the 2009 Land Crusier for the new engine and 6 speed transmission which are great for driving in the mountains of Colorado. Several new options are nice touches but have to question if they are really functionable. I.E. trip computer shows out of gas when there is still 5 to 7 gallons of gas in the tank--another 70 miles of range. Tire pressure monitor won't tell you which tire is low. These items were probably designed by Toyota's legal department. Dunlop tires on a $70K vehicle. Prior LC had them and they lasted 12,000 miles. I installed new Michelins which were better handling, braking, and snow and ice traction. Old LC had great storage spaces. New LC has had them eliminated or a lot smaller. Interior colors and seats--see above, are the worst design problem. Also, should have HID's for lights. Overall, somethings Toyota did great--engine and transmission. However other items semed to be poorly designed.
Great SUV for smaller people. by Larry , Tampa on 10/19/2008. Trim: 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything but the front headroom.
Cons: Front headroom. I bought this without seating in it, over the phone when I hit my head on the way in the first time I knew I made a mistake. Not for 6' and over people. My wife who now uses it it 5'8 and she hits herself once in awile.
Overall review: Great, GPS a little hard to read buy it rides like a dream.