2009 Toyota RAV4

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
GREAT small ute by Anthony - Dallas / White Rock Lake on 09/25/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Cargo space is excellent. I purchased the V6 with most of the options available; opted to keep the satellite radio and continue to enjoy. The V6 has great power and it drives very nicely on the city streets. After 10 months, the vehicle is getting me 22-23 mpg and I always manage to fill the tank just under $30. There are no issues with mirror placements and really love the rear-view camera. The leather seats are supportive and comfortable. Haven't had the need for the available 4X4 but glad that it is there. Bluetooth for the phone has REALLY come in handy... a definite plus! The stereo with bass is extremely nice and the iPod/accessory input is a nice touch.
Cons: Though it doesn't look bad, I wish there wasn't so much plastic on the dash. I don't understand the cup holders on the door... they seem out of place and too close to the leg area. I've owned BMW, Audi, VW and Mazda... the paint job on this Toyota feels kind of cheap by comparison. I've noticed a couple of blemishes; thankfully the vehicle is black so it's hard to notice. And of course, I was a little disheartened with the massive Toyota recall for the braking system not even a month after purchase. But I have encountered no issues and Toyota has implemented their fix without hassle.
Overall review: I'm more impressed with this vehicle than I anticipated. If the Toyota reputation is as good as it was in the past, I hope to keep this vehicle for a very long time.
"The sporty red SUV" by turtle from MD on 03/12/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota RAV4 Base I4 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything, the look, the handling, the style, the gas mileage, the performance, the color of metallic barcelona red, the paint butler, the lowjack, the sunroof, the heat, the air-conditioning; all I really miss is my heated driver's seat and my heated side-view mirrors, which someday may be installed.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: 9.9
Best 4 wheel drive I ever owned by Chip from Indiana on 02/03/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota RAV4 Base I4 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: For a 4 cylinder has plenty of pickup. Great to drive or be a passenger. Beats other vehicle I test drove hands down. (Ford/Chevy)
Cons: Haven't found any yet
Overall review: Great vehicle
Toyota lies! by One angry customer on 08/07/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Design and power
Cons: I bought my Rav 4 last year 2009 and the dealership is still trying to figure out why the car accelerates spontaneously even thought I am pushing on the brake. They tell me everything checks out when I take the car in with my complaints. They can't reproduce the acceleration when I leave the car there which is at least 10 times now. They act as if they don't believe me. They say that is just stories in the news papers. Isn't there a lemon law in Manitoba, Canada. I have had very little help from McPhillips Toyota in Winnipeg.
Overall review: Toyota isn't what it used to be
A Perfect lady vehicle! by Bankergirl from MN on 03/25/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have had a new 2002 Rav4 and now in Aug 2009 I bought the 2009 model. One of the main reasons that I wanted another Rav 4 was the tire mounted on the back door and that the door swings instead of having to lift it up. The new features of the seats folding forward to make a flat floor for stowing and hauling or sleeping on a matress is invaluable for me. I didn't care about having heated seats as long as I had a sunroof but now that I have leather & heat, I do love it.
Cons: I made a mistake when I didn't make sure I got the compass built into my mirror since I had that feature on my 2002 model. I very much miss that. The keyless ignition and door locks are generally great but I have had a couple instances that the car has died on me for no apparent reason. Most times have happened in reverse. I did have an undercoating put on because of loud gravel noise. It helped alot.
Overall review: We live on gravel road with a big hill and I have never had a problem getting up that hill in snow or ice even when neighbors are sitting at the bottom. The back seat space is excellent. I'm a Rav4 fan!
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next