2009 Nissan Pathfinder

Fun ride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/09/2013. Trim: 2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Power
Cons: Mileage
Overall review: We have owned many, many Nissan's from 6 Maxima's, an Altima, Rogue, Frontier and the Pathfinder. I bought the Pathfinder when we retired to the shore and drive it several times a week on the beach and off-road in the Pine Barrens.It's a fun vehicle.
Awesome SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/04/2010. Trim: 2009 Nissan Pathfinder S 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The powerful engine and smooth handling are the best.
Cons: It's styling is a little clunky. It is top-heavy and has a high center of gravity, but it's a large vehicle. The back of the center seat in the second row should fold down and become an arm rest.
Overall review: This is a great SUV.
the ultimate in mid size suv's by black knight from atlanta on 09/20/2009. Trim: 2009 Nissan Pathfinder S 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: i love this car. i had a larger car, great car but a little too big for me. I like the pick up and easy handling of the Nissan Pathfinder. I'm going to add some m ore on to it - i plan to keep this car for a while.
Cons: the dealership from whence it came. Team Nissan in Lithia Springs, Ga
Overall review: haven't had it that long, so it will be a while before i have an answer for this.
Better Then I Expected by Findley (Atlanta, GA) on 07/10/2009. Trim: 2009 Nissan Pathfinder LE V8 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I've been driving my pathfinder for a year and a half and I still love it. Seeing as this is my first SUV I haven't had much experience with the low gas mileage but the Estimated MPG has been accurate if not better then expected. The steering is tighter and more like a car then any other SUV I test drove. The best thing about the PathFinder is the sound system is top notch.
Cons: The Bluetooth phone is the weak point. Due to the placement of the phone mic there is too much back ground noise thus rendering this feature useless. Also the navigation system is good but not the most navigation system available.
Overall review: I have recommended this car to my friends and family. I plan on keeping this car for a long time.
Best in Class!!! by Billy on 06/17/2009. Trim: 2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power, fuel economy, seating and towing capacity are all excellent in it's class
Cons: Little things, like the cup holders for the second row and the latch for the pop-open door on the little compartment next to the gear selector are fairly easy to break. *Nothing has broken in our 2009. My comments come from our experience with the 2007 model, and the observation that those items remain unchanged. Our kids can be rough, and they somehow broke the cup holder that folds out of the center console for the second row passengers in the 2007. As for the latch on the cover near the gear selector, it was just a little plastic tab that broke off on the 2007 making it not stay closed anymore - the 2009 seems to be made the same way, so we'll just have to be careful with it.
Overall review: We had a 2007 Pathfinder SE and recently traded it in for a 2009 Pathfinder SE, for whatever that's worth. We had absolutely no problems with the 2007 mechanically, and averaged 18.1 MPG overall. Although the drive train seems to be the same in the 2009 (same horsepower and torque ratings), we have so far maintained an average of about 19.8 MPG (driving the same routes under the same conditions as the 2007). My dad's 2006 Frontier uses the same engine, and his has been problem-free since new. We bought the Pathfinder originally because nothing else in it's class compares - seating capacity is good (third row is definitely not for adults, though), power is awesome, towing capacity is great. It's easy to drive, too. My wife has always driven cars and a minivan, then got into the Pathfinder without a problem. It drives and handles very well. The suspension is stiffer than the Caravan we had, but not uncomfortable by any means - we don't hesitate to make long drives in it.