2009 Ford Explorer

My favorite vehicle by Lerita on 11/10/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Everythig. I have been driing a ford explorer ince 1998 and loveit.
Cons: mileage per gallon
Overall review: I just enjoy the explorer
good mid-size suv, great winter driving by sharong of walla walla wa on 06/11/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Explorer Limited 4.0L AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: it is our second Escape, and i'm driving the older of 2 (woman driver) and it's like driving an upscale car when i drive the '09. comfort, steering wheel controls very nice, and it's just very comfortable. now where is that auto pilot? i will buy another when we move this over to one of our children.
Cons: seats aren't made for long range comfort, for anyone with hip problems. the old bucket seats would've been better, than the shaped seats, that cause me (i'm 60, wide back end) to have issues. looking for a cushion to make the seat more flat across. it could use a step up, for us short folks.
Overall review: this fits our current lifestyle. we like the enhanced gas mileage. it's stylish and has no problems with passing large trucks, often on two lane highways. holds plenty of wine.
Best SUV Around! by Melissa, Houston on 10/19/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I'm on my second Explorer, and this is by far the best car I've had. I think you also get more for your money with an Explorer. It handle's wonderfully, the interior is comfortable and the electronics are user friendly. For my situation, I feel it is very roomy and has enough space for packing and hauling. I also feel the gas mileage is great. I know it is an SUV and uses gas faster than a car, but I think it gets great gas mileage for the size. Lastly, Ford is a economically a solid company.
Cons: Honestly, none.
Overall review: I recommend an Explorer for anyone needing a midsize SUV.
Completely surprised at how much I love my Explorer!! by Scott in St. Louis on 08/16/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I was not planning on buying an Explorer but my brother works in the service dept. at a Ford dealership and tried to sell me on this vehicle. I was trading in my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and saw the Explorer and was surprised. I havent been a big fan of Explorers of the past. This one looks different to me and really caught my eye. It is a very nice, smooth ride. I have been getting about 18 MPG with the 4.0L V6. I love when you are out at night and hit the unlock button on the key fob, the inside and the outside of the vehicle REALLY light up. There are some pretty bright lights underneath the outside side mirrors. Its kind of cool really. Pleasntly surprised with this vehicle.
Cons: Although the console is rather deep, and the door pockets and glove compartment provide some additional storage, I was hoping for a place to throw my loose change as I usually do. There just isn't anywhere to put it. Loading CD's in the 6 disc changer is a time consuming process, but this is the first CD changer Ive had so maybe thats just the way it is.
Overall review: Although the sticker on this vehicle read $35,770, I was able to get it for $25,143 after my brothers Ford discount and the $4000 in rebates and my trade-in which wasn't worth much and in need of some repairs. I love this SUV a lot more than even I would have expected.
Review ID: #541988 Is this review offensive?
The need to explore by Dev on 09/25/2008. Trim: 2009 Ford Explorer Limited 4.6L 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My initial plan was to buy a ford escape for my wife but then i ended up buying a esacpe and a explorer. It just caught my eye. On the road its jsut awesome a nice smooth V8 and good towinf capacity.
Cons: If u load it up it can get close to 45 grand but its definitely worth it and idc about gas prices
Overall review: Extremely good suv would definietly recomend it if u are looking a for a good quality suv