2009 Honda Civic Hybrid

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid Prices
2009 Honda Civic Hybrid Fuel Economy
Watch your tires!!!!! by Canada on 04/22/2011. Trim: 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car used and i was very disappointed with the mileage.I was only getting 37 mpg with my 15" wheels and winter tires.I changed the wheels for 16" civic wheels with toyo g2 winter tires and all i can say is wow!!!! My mileage instantly changed to 49 mpg.My 15" tires were inflated at 30 psi and my 16" toyo's are inflated at 48 psi witch is 2 psi less then maximum rated. I never thought that tires and psi can make such a difference.This car is now everything that i ever wanted.
Cons: I rented a prius from my dealer and i was able to get 48mpg in the winter .The prius feels way to heavy and doesn't drive like a car, it also feels smaller inside.I think that if i were to drive the prius in the summer i would probably be able to get an extra 5mpg better then a civic hybrid. Over all i still like the civic better.I own a delivery pizza place and this car will save me a fortune in gas. It drinks exactly half of what my previous 2006 manual ex civic did. Here in Canada were paying 6.00 a gallon so there lots of money to save in gas. There is absolutely noting about this car that i don't like.52 mpg highway wow!!!
Overall review: I really felt scammed when i wasn't able to get more than 37 mpg.But thanks to all of your positive reviews i new that there must have been something wrong with my setup.So i took the time to write this review to give back a little to msn auto and all of you.I thought of the tire pressure because i had read up about it over here before buying my car.If not for this site, i might have just been disappointed and i would have never figured it out.
I love my Civic by Kent on 04/01/2010. Trim: 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very happy with the fuel economy. I keep hearing of 37 MPG overall for this car. My Civic is continually delivering 52 to 54 MPG overall. I love the car. It is fun to drive. It is a very attractive car. Has a good solid feel. Handles well. Much easier to park than my Bonneville. I am eager to go to work so I can drive my Civic. Can easily take 3 other adults with me in the car. I now have 11K miles on the car and it has been trouble free.
Cons: I would like to see the road noise reduced. Everything else is great.
Overall review: This vehicle handles great and is fun to drive. It comfortably seats 4 adults. The gas mileage makes it very affordable to drive. Since buying this car I have cut my gas consumption 68%. It has a good solid feel. One suggestion is to reduce the road noise. However the road noise is no worse than similar vehicles, by other manufactures, that I have driven. Trip computer has always has always calculated MPG lower than actual by 2 to 3 MPG. At current gas prices each time fill up my Civic I feel like bending over and kissing it on the bumper.
Very pleased by Jojo- Richmond, VA on 05/15/2009. Trim: 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: great mileage. getting about 50mpg, 60%highway, 40% local and some country hilly roads. they really were pushing them, and i got a great deal, actually less than they wanted for a used 2007 model. i am very, very pleased!
Cons: i wish the seat was as comfortable as my 2004 CR-V. it's pretty good on the civic, but not quite as good. also, the center armrest should be higher, at same level as armrest on door.
Overall review: Terrific car. It feels more lilke a "real" car than the Prius, more solid. I've owned Toyotas and Hondas. they're both good. i've always liked Hondas a little more. They just feel more solid, and i've had very good luck with them.
Fun to Drive by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/07/2009. Trim: 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I choose it over the Prius because of price, interior and highway driving mainly.
Cons: none
Overall review: Great Car!!!!!!!!
Civic Duty by Randy from Los Angeles on 01/24/2009. Trim: 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV w/ Leather and Navigation, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A couple thousand miles in now, I am very happy with this car overall. My first mileage returns were lower (around 42 mpg in LA traffic) which is still very good but after adjusting my driving habits just a little bit I am now getting 46+ mpg in the same conditions. That mileage exceeds my expectation. The I-pod link and Bluetooth work great and I also like the option of using memory cards for music.
Cons: I have the leather interior, a new option this year. Not the highest quality leather like you would find in more expensive cars, but still a better option than cloth, at least for me. The road noise is a bit excessive and disappointing. This has long been a sore spot with Hondas on many of their vehicles. I will probably take things into my own hands and add some noise reduction measures. The audio system is good but a bit thin - I didn't opt for the sub woofer option. I would have liked more paint color options as well as interior/exterior combinations.
Overall review: Overall I have been very pleased with the Civic. I didn't buy it out of some altruistic save the planet ideal but rather a measure to reduce my fuel consumption and thereby relieve the burden on my wallet. It has delivered as promised. I typically see reviews with lower MPG results than I am getting but I have come to believe that to be more a result of driving habits/style than car performance. It takes a little getting used to but with some minor tweaks in how you drive you can increased your MPG.