2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

GREAT VEHICLE!! by 611*light@rgm on 01/13/2012. Trim: 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Very comfortable ride on long trips. Gas mileage between 30-35 MPG.
Cons: Tires worn out at 20,000 miles. We were told that this is a common concern with this vehicle.
Overall review: Excellent car, with the exception of the tires.
Phenomenal! by Pat on 10/19/2013. Trim: 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I previously owned a 2002 Highlander and knew I wanted another. This car has exceeded my expectations. It's reliable, handles great in the snow and has a very comfortable ride.
Cons: One complaint is the auto close option on the rear door. It hasn't worked well since I bought it (used) 2 years ago. When I asked the dealer to fix it, they said the strut mis-alignment that causes it was common. But it's more of an annoyance than a problem. Also, I can not get the auto garage door opener to sync with my door. I've tried repeatedly and even had an electrical engineer try to sync it and it still won't work.
Overall review: It is the ultimate vehicle. I was leary at first with owning a hybrid not knowing what to expect. It is a wonderful car and the added mileage has really come in handy as the price of gas continues to rise. I will certainly trade it for another when the time comes.
Ultimate Mid-Size SUV by SAM from Toronto on 11/19/2008. Trim: 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car is smooth and quiet. It is great on gas, and even has a couple of on-the-fly options to save more; the Econ button reduces performance for additional gas savings around town (no gunning it), and an EV button to actually drive it as a purely Electric Vehicle, now there are some restrictions... short range and low speed requirements, but it's great for short neighborhood runs or if you run out of gas. The rear (6th and 7th) seats are very accessible, as the rear (3rd, 4th, & 5th) seats slide forward individually, and fold down completely flush for optimal storage in the back when you don't need them.
Cons: The only things that irk me a bit is that it doesn't come with built in XM, and that the voice command system doesn't control anything but the Nav system. I just got a new loaded Honda Accord, and although the Nav system isn't as sophisticated as the Hylander's, the voice command system is first rate, and controls almost all internal functions of the car; Nav, Sound System, Climate Control, Phone. The only other mildly annoying omission is a lack of rear seat power outlet for my kids gadgets in the back for long trips.
Overall review: Minor (very minor) annoyances aside, this car is the ultimate Mid-size SUV. Very user friendly and well designed. Great power when you need it, with options to optimize fuel consumption and going full EV. I love this car!
Happy with Highlander Hybrid by Chessie from New York on 03/07/2014. Trim: 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I love the fuel economy and the handling of the vehicle. It is very easy to drive. I have not had any major problems with the vehicle. It is well built. It held its value very well. .
Cons: The model I purchased did not have a sunroof/moon roof because the Limited was hard to find. The price of the tires is quite expensive. They cost about $250 each.
Overall review: Excellent vehicle, great fuel economy, easy to drive. I would recommend it to friends and family.
Happy So Far by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/09/2009. Trim: 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Loaded with features. DVD and navigation are great. Comfortable seating- love the heated seats. Easy to drive (with one exception-see below). Back up mirror and pop up rear glass are handy. Don't know how it handles in the snow but so far so good! Dealer is great- first two oil changes were free and I negotiated 8000 off the sticker price. After I brought the car home I noticed a small crack inthe housing that the roof rails are set in. The salesman drove to my house to replace it- saving me a hour round trip!
Cons: 1 Blind spot when turning- side pillars are very thick. 2. Wish passenger could operate NAV when car is moving or use hands free phone! 3. Wish the third row seat split 60/40- storeage is at a premium if you have more than 5 passengers. 4. The Hybrid does not have quite as much get up and go as the non-hybrid. 5.Is never going to justify the added cost in gas savings but that is just the cost of being a little green. 6.Don't know if I needed every bell and whistle- which really jacked up the price but if you want the 5-cd changer and the DVD you have to get everything. 7.Recommend getting the side door ding guards added- the car look too plain without them and it was only 200 bucks.
Overall review: Love the car overall- but still wonder if I should have got a non-hybid Lexus for about the same price. If you are a die hard Toyota fan you'll be very happy!