2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Prices
2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Fuel Economy
MY PT IZ CRUZIN by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/01/2012. Trim: 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: i enjoy how my pt cruiser handles all around...it is the best driving car i ever owned.....i hate they discountinued the model
Cons: no dislikes
Overall review: love my "PT CRUISER"
Fun drive by BD on 02/15/2013. Trim: 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Convertible with great interior room
Cons: Turning radius, MPG could be better. Wish it had Calber's VVT world class engine and CVT-2 setup
Overall review: I'd buy another if Mopar had not given up on idea.
"Ultimate Cruising/Road-Tripping car, the PT Cruiser has it all" by Buddy on 03/23/2010. Trim: 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The PT Cruiser, I'm on My third now, My Kids got the first two, remains MY fave on the market. Style, inside comfort and capacity, added to the super quiet smooth ride in the 09 was better than any other vehicles that I test drove first. That includes the foreign, Fords, and Chevy lines too... Awesome turning radius, U can honestly turn on a dime in the PT. I also chose a color made only for the 09 model, and have had SO many looky-loos, and people walking up to ask Me about it, look inside, wanting MY CAR! That in itself should say alot about the looks.
Cons: ONLY problem that still remains is the poor gas mileage (20mpg), MY ONLY complaint. If they keep the Chrysler body/style/interior and add a fuel efficient FIAT engine, they will have the ultimate car! Seriously, that is the only CON that comes to mind, and like I said, this is MY third, making My two Kids and I, a 3 PT Cruiser Family...
Overall review: If You want a well built, dependable, car, that is awesome whether in city or road-tripping across the Country, that will hold EVERYTHING You need for that trip, while still more room for Driver/Passengers than a lot of larger cars, this is the one for You... With windows up, You do NOT hear a single thing, ie: NO engine noise, road noise, etc... That only comes from a vehicle built with acute attention to detail... But like I said, this IS My, well OUR third Cruiser and be forewarned, city driving You will likely get around 20mpg, highway upper 20s, so THAT is definitely worth taking into consideration as well as all the good/awesome things about this KEEPER from Chrysler!!!
Decent transportation by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the convertible. The CD-stereo. The auto tranny shifts well. It has a very functional trunk (way better than most 'verts). I like how the interior is layed-out. The room in the back seat, though tight, is still comfortable. I like the roll-bar (safety) and it also acts as a windbreaker when the top is down, so you can carry on a normal-voiced conversation.
Cons: I've already had to replace the CD-player, battery and a side-panel for the drivers seat (it broke off from the seat side moulding). So the quality leaves a bit to be desired. I also get around 21.5 MPG (highway) and 19 MPG (city). So even though it has a 4-cyl. engine, it is NOT very efficient. The OEM GoodYear LS tires were replaced at 40K miles (I put Yokohamas AVID's on - which should get twice the miles and better fuel economy).
Overall review: It's an OK car. Certainly not cheap but also, certainly not extravagant. The convertible is why I bought it (previously owned). Chrysler also included the 8-yr/100K B-to-B wty. too. Lucky me? Considering the service issues I've had, that wty. was a wise choice.
Perfect mini pick-up! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/09/2013. Trim: 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I very much enjoy this car. Handling is good and the cargo space is excellent. The helper at Lowes laughed at me when I told him that the dishwasher I purchased would easily fit in the back. He was very impressed as we slid it in with 2 inches of height to spare! Fuel economy is not as good as I would like but is adequate. I love the interior headroom. At 6 ft 2" I can wear a cowboy hat and still not rub the headliner. I have had no problems at 71000kms!
Cons: I never did like the window switch location but you do get used to it.
Overall review: I an very happy with my PT. Too bad it was discontinued.