2009 Ford Taurus X

Great Car, Great Space, Great Everything by Familywagon from Philadelphia on 09/10/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus X Eddie Bauer FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Nice styling, not like others on the road. Great handling, ample power, and mechanically well-tuned.
Cons: It would be nice if in addition to the adjustable pedals and fully motorized 8-way seats, the steering wheel also telescoped (it only raises and lowers). Being a 6 foot tall guy with long legs in a car designed for a 5 foot nothing soccer mom limits the amount of comfortable sitting positions.
Overall review: Why did Ford get rid of this vehicle to promote the Flex? The hurst-looking Flex is cool for a car-enthusiast, but I've heard more people not like it than do.
needs help by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/07/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus X Eddie Bauer AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: none
Cons: reliability
Overall review: poor
Great cross over deserves a second look by Ohio Mom on 08/27/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus X Limited FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: More power than I expected. Great sound system. Beautiful interior trim. good seating. Seats all fold down easily to make plenty of cargo room. One touch button for back seat tumble forward for third row seat access.
Cons: Some road noise. Could use more insulation for road sound.
Overall review: I would buy this cross over again. I plan to keep mine for eight or nine years.
Great Car/Utility Vehicle by Hank on 04/25/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus X Limited FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great car. I have almost 100,000 miles on this vehicle. I have only had to replace the tires and brake pads. I get between 24 mpg in the city, and 27 to 28 on the highway. This vehicle has a great carrying capacity with the seats folded down.
Cons: When you take your foot off the gas the vehicle will coast for a long time at the same speed.
Overall review: Great car for a person who needs room, and versitility.
"Granny's great ride" by Granny in Colorado on 02/26/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus X Limited AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Taurus X from 2008 is the most comfortable Taurus I've owned in the last 14 years of four of them. I liked the look of the Freestyle (precursor of the X) in '06 and '07 so set my heart on one in '08. I even liked the '08 X better when it came out as the replcement. The ease of entry and the adjustable driver's side positioning of the seat and mirrors and steering wheel are the best at the touch of a button. My Grandsons think Granny got a cool car,even more cool than Mom's Toyota beast. We sit up high enough and can see the world. The interior has the famous center console for selection of all the services. The heated seats are new to us and sure feel good on a cold entry! Love it!
Cons: I'd have to think a long time to come up with any legitimate dislikes.
Overall review: The DVD operates well from the back seats and is located where best visual space is available for the viewers. This car handles extremely well...I like to step on the accelerator and go and I enjoy stopping on a dime and getting 9 cents change and this car does that as all other Taurus vehicles have done for me. The controls for heat/air for rows 2 and 3 are well placed and easy to operate. This vehicle doesn't look like other vehicles. I like that. I feel very safe in this car. It is one to seriously look at for the family to use with safety reliability and comfort.