2009 Honda Accord

Lots of Issues - ENGINE PROBLEMS by Disappointed in Ohio on 01/10/2012. Trim: 2009 Honda Accord EX Coupe AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Looks nice.
Cons: I have had nothing but problems with this car. There have been 2 recalls on this car. First, the rear brakes wear too quickly. Second, the VTC actuator goes bad (engine timing). Third, a computer fix affecting oil consumption. Furthermore, a lot of new Honda and Acura 2.4L engines have a MAJOR oil consumption problem. Currently, my car (which has 45,000 miles) consumed almost 3 quarts of oil since my last oil change - Honda REFUSES to acknowledge this issue. Car has lots of rattles, seats are uncomfortable, and my 2002 Monte Carlo (had a V6) got better MPG on the highway than this car does.
Overall review: Honda reliability has gone down - they just do a good job of covering up issues. My fiancee's 2006 Civic had the engine block replaced at 70,000 miles because it was cracked. Would not recommend this car or Honda period - look elsewhere.
Best so far! 2009 Accord by John from Winslow NJ on 10/07/2010. Trim: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 Sedan AT w/ Nav, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The fit & finish are great! It handles great and has excellent acceleration when needed! very precise steering and traction with the large tires.
Cons: You sacrifice a smooth soft ride for the excellent handling. However, on a smooth road it is great. If you ran over a quarter you could tell if it was heads or tails, because of the firm ride.
Overall review: This is my 7th Accord and my favorite so far! All of them have been great! I highly recommend this automobile.
Great car! Not for sale by Blink Twice on 12/19/2012. Trim: 2009 Honda Accord EX Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Good excelleration, good gas milage, styling, overall quality
Cons: Road noise
Overall review: One of the best vehicles I have ever owned and I've owned m,ore than my fair share
Honda fan for life now by Taxman on 12/12/2012. Trim: 2009 Honda Accord EX Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car has won my wife and I over as far as being a repeat Honda buyer. The build quality of the Honda Accord is top-notch and the car drives like a sports car. We have the EX Sedan with the 5 speed manual so it has the 190 hp version of the i-VTEC 4 cylinder engine. The performance is excellent and smooth and makes this car FUN to drive. I am totally shocked that a 4 cylinder puts out this much power AND still gets great gas mileage. I'm a truck man, and I never thought I would enjoy driving a car again, but the Accord is luxurious, sporty and fun to drive all at the same time. Excellent brakes and steers like a car that is much smaller. Hard to believe it's a sedan.
Cons: Right now? There is nothing that we dislike about the car.
Overall review: Granted, we just purchased the car a week ago, but if this Honda lives up to their reputation, we'll be back for another one in 10 years. I've read and heard about Honda cars, but have never owned one until now. I love their motorcycles, and now I love their cars. And it made me happy that I was able to get my wife the car she wanted. And to top it all off, we paid thousands less for the 2009 model with only 35,000 miles on it. We were able to add a 5 year/60,000 mile warranty and rustproofing, Scotchgard to the interior and a poly clear-coat to the paint. I expect this car to last us at least 8-10 years.
A Pain in the neck and back! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/06/2011. Trim: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I bought this car because of the reputation of it being well-made and having low maintenance. I also liked the styling and finish.
Cons: The thing I dislike most about this car - and the reason I will not be keeping it - is because of the uncomfortable seat. With the deep curvature of the back and the head rest jutting out so far it forces you to sit in a hunched-over position. I put a pad on the back of the seat and lowered the head rest as far as I could (maybe unsafe?) but it is still not very comfortable. What were they thinking? It also has a lot of road noise on the highway (didn't realize how loud until I rode in a Cambry Avalon). Also, it has a very wide turn radius, which in some instances makes a U-turn at an intersection impossible without having to back up in the middle of the turn.
Overall review: I will pay more attention to the comfort of driving in addition to the performance reviews. Why do the doors need to lock automatically? They locked automatically while I was washing the windows and had the keys inside.