2009 Hyundai Santa Fe

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Buying Used? Read This Review by Desert Dweller on 01/15/2013. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have the V-6 Very Powerful Quiet on the interstate. 40,000 miles and not one problem Highest safety rating
Cons: Handles poor pavement poorly
Overall review: I read Consumer Report before buying. Just like they said, this car is not good on bumps but it has extra baffles for quietness so out on the highway it is very quiet and smooth. I knew mileage was poor, 18 overall, but if you are able to drive 55 on the highway I have gotten 28 to 30. At higher speeds there is a big drop-off to 22mpg. This is the large six so you can easily jump out in front of traffic and speed away. This was the last year for this bigger engine. It gets as good a mileage as the smaller engine.
Back Window Does Not Open by Neil on 10/11/2010. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Looks good.
Cons: I really hate the fact that the rear window does not open... this is the third Sante Fe I've bought. I had a 2004, 2006, and now 2008. I did not notice and never thought they would manufacture these and not have the rear window be able to open... the first two I owned did open... I have been very disappointed... Since... Also the rear seats when folded down do not fold flat...
Overall review: I'm disappointed
Reverse gear...watch out! The seats are cheap. by Dave from Sussex on 08/26/2010. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The price and basic features obtained for the price. No actual problems except for the acceleration issue when you put the vehicle in reverse. It takes off like a shot out of a gun. Keep your foot on the brake or you'll go out of control. Dealer says this is normal ??
Cons: 1. Very rough when you hit a bump, the whole vehicle shutters. 2. Gas mileage is not as good as expected based on its size. 3. Hyundai assurance program is a farce as it requires you return the vehicle 4. 10 Year Warranty is limited and is not what you think 5. Vehicle lurches like the gas pedal is stuck when you put it in Reverse. I had it back to the dealer once for this and they said there is nothing wrong. Meanwhile if you do not have your foot firmly on the brake reversing out of a parking spot...watch out ! 6. Rear seats do not fold down flat 7. Bluetooth does not work well in conjunction with the radio. Tedious to program and too expensive for the functionality you get.
Overall review: I guess I should have test drove this vehicle more and should have driven over more bumpy roads. It is deceiving when you test drive new vehicles compared to your old one... anything seems better! Make then take a lot off the price otherwise get a different vehicle. Do not let them talk you into extended warranty or extra's. I got gap insurance and the bank I financed with told me they actually include it in their loan financing (I purchased the car instead of leasing) so I lost over $325.00. I should have the bank get me my money back because the financing guy couldn't tell me this. Leases include gap insurance but in this case the bank gives it to you with your financing. I financed with Chase.
Hyundai Fever by Jersey Traveler on 08/16/2010. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Traded in Tucson. Comfortable, quiet, smooth ride, Bluetooth, steering wheel adjustments, safety features, the storage compartment areas under the rear deck. Installed an aftermarket tow hitch which is great for trailer trips to the local home center. Averages 18.6 mpg around town with 2.7L. On TN trip it took the mountains with ease, and still had power for passing. Plowed through 2' of snow without slipping or sliding, without the AWD. I don't care about trade-in value as I keep vehicles to the point it doesn’t matter. I purchase it because of the 100K warranty, safety features and dependability, safety features alone saved me a few hundred dollars on insurance.
Cons: Valet key, locking glove box would be a nice feature. Other than that have no real complaints.
Overall review: Well built, well thought out vehicle. Nice interior, it doesn't make the car look like it was cheaply built. Stereo system sounds good as it is without having to purchase an aftermarket system. For year round dependablity and all around use, for the price it is an excellent vehicle. Compared to more expensive models, save your money. A nice looking SUV, without breaking the bank that gets you from point A to point B comfortably. If you looking to drive through the woods buy an offroader. For the average everyday driver, this vehicle with the AWD will get you anywhere you want to go, even on those occassional out of the way roads.
Terrible Customer Service by CP on 02/18/2010. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SE AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nothing
Cons: 4th transmission installed at 3500miles from new. Many other problems as well. Hyundai unwilling to refund or replace the vehicle.
Overall review: Hyundai customer service is terrible. Takes your money and is not concerned what happens after they get it. How did the domestics get into trouble when this is how imports treat you.
2 3 4 5 6  Next