2009 Volvo XC90

2009 Volvo XC90 Prices
2009 Volvo XC90 Fuel Economy
Get if you're short and don't need directions by Patty on 12/21/2009. Trim: 2009 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I feel very safe in it. And while its not the flashiest of cars, I do find it a bit stylish.
Cons: Turning capacity is an issue - even pulling into a parking spot is problematic. Interior is very tight (both front and back seats) if you happen to be over 5'5" and especially if you have a car seat in the back. The third row (one of the initial selling points) is unaccessible and EXTREMELY uncomfortable once it is; there is about 6" of leg/knee/foot space. Totally useless. The doors never stay open which is a problem when you open the door to put your baby in the car seat and the door swings back at you and your baby. Console/dash area is a mess - there are 3 different controls for the sound system alone. Bluetooth is an afterthought. Navigation system is HORRIBLE!
Overall review: Ultimately, we got this car for safety. It seems there was an extraordinary amount of time spent on this, which I am extremely grateful for, but everything else was thrown in with very little thought. How safe is it to try to change the radio station and you have to go from one knob on one side of the console to another on the other side? I mean, there is a keypad with numbers 1-0 on the dash and its not for the bluetooth but yet another control for the radio. The navigation system once sent me on a 15 mile round about to a place that was 3 miles from my home and thats if it even recognizes the destination which half the time it doesn't. Don't even bother spending your money for the upgrade - so not worth it. Overall, very safe, pretty good handling and subpar interior accommodations.
The Greatest SUV by Volvo lover on 02/17/2009. Trim: 2009 Volvo XC90 V8, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my third XC90. I've looked around at a lot of different autos and can't find an SUV that I like better. The V8 is definitely worth the additional cost!
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: Best SUV around!
Replace brakes & rotors much too often! by Mama AG on 02/06/2009. Trim: 2009 Volvo XC90 V8, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I've been in some version of a Volvo since I inherited my parents brick-colored sedan in high school. It was a tank, ran forever and kept me safe and protected. Years later I bought a new black Volvo sedan. In 2006 with a hubby and two kids, I decided that I could graduate to the SUV. Feeling like I'd made a fantastically safe and practical decision, I drive my silver XC90 to work and on road trips. It's not the fanciest nor sexiest vehicle, but I feel my family is safe.
Cons: Hard working moms should not have huge budget surprises like my SUV has turned into. Little did I know what I was getting myself into when I made this purchase. When I took it into the Culver City dealer for my 30,000 mile service yesterday, I found out that my Volvo XC90 needed it's second replacement rotors and brake pads. I'd already been through this expense at 17,000 miles, much to my surprise. Now, at 30,000 miles I needed another set at a cost of $1,000. CRAZY!
Overall review: I wish I would have know prior to purchasing this car that it would need new brake pads and rotors every 15,000 to 20,000 miles. It's a big expense almost every time I take it in for a normal service.
Beautiful driving machine! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/05/2013. Trim: 2009 Volvo XC90 3.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I Love my Volvo. Drives excellent, very comfortable and safe! Love the built-in child booster in my Premium pkg with Versatility pkg!
Cons: NOTHING! I would recommend this car to anyone!
Overall review: I would recommend this lux SUV to anyone!
solid car by My wife and kids drive the safest car on 08/30/2013. Trim: 2009 Volvo XC90, Owned 5 years.
Pros: very comfortable and quiet
Cons: dealer told me brake pads and rotors need to be replaced every 15k to 20k miles. equates to a very bad design for owners and a lot of money to be made by the dealership. control arms go bad a lot -this was straight from the dealer. Designed to fail again. other than getting raked over the coals for repairs EVERY OIL CHANGE the car is great
Overall review: good safe comfortable car with many many design flaws to make you keep your wallet WIDE OPEN every time you take it in for maintenance. I would pay more for the car if they could give me one with out all the built in flaws