2009 Kia Borrego

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
True "Utillity" in a great daily driver package by Durbiaj, ND on 06/05/2012. Trim: 2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I tow a boat regularly and I barely noice it's back there. It's got great pickup but shifts conservatively for most situations to conserve fuel which with the V8 is a good thing. When I do need more get up and go I just put it in the manual shift mode and it works smooth as butter. Ultimately I love that for my family of six we can ride comfortably with everyone having plenty of elbow room. The quiet ride, solid feel, fit and finish of the vehicle inside and out are just amazing. Although its interior is understated by some views it's timeless, convenient, comfortable. My vavorite quote from friends is "This is a Kia?" or "I didn't know Kia made anything this nice".
Cons: Cargo space when all three rows are in use is frankly embarasing, a necessary sacrifice for an adult capable third row while maintaining it's great daily driver dimensions. The ride is definately harsh but also a trade off for great handling, cargo capacity and towing capacity.
Overall review: A friend of mine said to me, he's a die hard Honda Pilot owner, after an extended trip with me. "There's nothing your Borrego doesn't match or do just a little better than my Pilot" The only two things the Pilot really beats the Borrego on is every day ride, and perception of being a CUV rather than a true SUV. Overall I needed a daily driver with seating for 6 plus and true 'Utillity" for towing, ocasional off roading and all season reliabillity. This Vehicle delivers on all my requirements in spades and I love the fact it's not common. This truely is a great vehicle and if you can find a clean one you really should consider it if you need the utillity of much larger SUVs but don't need or want all the bulk. The V8 is definately the way to go if you can find one, I consistently beat millage estimates by 2-3 MPG. My wife and our 4 kids are truely impressed. Every Borrego Owner I see Gives me a thumbs up when they see I have one too, I think that says a lot.
The Humble 4WD by A Recession fighter on 01/05/2014. Trim: 2009 Kia Borrego LX V6 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It is reliable and dependable. The cabin is very quiet and seats are comfortable. The 6 cyl engine has power to spare during cruising, passing & hauling. Having a manual shift option is a heavenly gift when dealing with problematic snow or mud situations, or when pulling cargo up a steep climb. This truck is easy to maneuver around the city, but it shines when driven in the hills & curves of the Smoky Mountains. Has great visibility for all passengers and useful creatures abound (a well-balanced music system, built-in hitch, electric control for 4WD, leatherette). The Borg-Warner 4WD system works flawlessly under demanding conditions and responds in kind when put to heavier duty tests.
Cons: Headlights do not illuminate well when on low-beam mode. Using the third row seat leaves little cargo room (must resort to a roof/top carrier on long trips).
Overall review: After 4+ years and 60K miles, the truck still feels like new. Doors shut solid/ tight, brakes are responsive & acceleration is awesome. This 4WD does not scream for attention, yet, it performs at a level of luxury & reliability only seen on more expensive ones (I've owned a 1991 4Runner, '97 Cherokee & 2004 Pilot). Seating is as if tailor-made for driver & passengers, with an up-high view for all. It has plenty of DC outlets for children's DVDs, iPads etc. The quiet interior allows for normal level conversation and the stock stereo sounds superb. Hauls an honest 3000 lbs load without effort. Stock tires were mediocre, but the 4WD came to life with Hankook Dynapros. These tires grip very well on wet roads, snow & mud too. Can't say enough good about my Borrego, as I am still in awe from the unanticipated pleasant experience. The Borrego is truly a gem of a vehicle, with great dependability, strength and comfort hidden under the humble blanket of the Kia name. This is the one to keep.
Pleases me in spades!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/31/2013. Trim: 2009 Kia Borrego LX V6 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Had this Borrego for 3 months and 3500 miles. Bought it used, 34000 miles. So far I'm tickled to death. Ride is smooth on smooth surfaces and hard on rough surfaces. Love the low range. Folded down the third seat and will never use it. Back up alarm is neat, would rather have a camera. Back up alarm must be turned off when a trailer ball is present. Tows trailers great. Factory wiring plug is too far away from trailer ball so I needed an extension to connect to trailer which is a pain in the a$$styling is still great - many people take for a new vehicle. Hardly ever see myself coming down the road - mine's probably the only one in towm - I love that.
Cons: Can't think of anything yet and don't want to make anything up.
Overall review: Great truck - note I said truck - this is not a CUV.
Build well 4x4 truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/27/2013. Trim: 2009 Kia Borrego LTD 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 4.6 (V8) engine, , 6 speed BMW X5 transmission, frame truck body, amazing turning radius, 7,500 lbs towing capacity, large front windshield(window), side mirrors adjustement, comfort, 7 leather seats, two heated rows, comfy 3rd row seating, rear camera.
Cons: hanckook tires, replaced by michellins( latitude tour) as suggested on other sites. Best advise ever.
Overall review: love it, dont want to sell my limited(EX) model. have about 80,000 miles now with no major issues.
Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, it is the hidden gem of SUVs by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/26/2012. Trim: 2009 Kia Borrego EX V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Honestly i still can't believe how many good things there are to say about the Borrego. Looks, comfort, handling, stability, spaciousness, power, styling......it was all there and in high quality. Classic in presence, utility and acoutrements. Oh and the warranty is the best available. I purchased mine used with 28,000 miles and it's as good as new. Love my red Borrego EX. Also love that its a rare.
Cons: nothing yet
Overall review: I spent months looking at everything SUV/SAV/CUV whatyever you want to call it and nothing could touch it. i actually stumbled across it looking to buy a new vehicle. I saw the back of it from a distance and thought it was a used Sorrento at the Kia dealership. I had to take a closer look because it seemed to have great lines. Up close it was beautiful inside and out . I had to drive and I drove it several times and researched it for a month trying to find out why it was such a well kept secret. I even tried put it out of my mind once I found out it was a one year wonder but everything I looked at and test drove after seeing it seemed to lack in some way that the borrego shined. I have only seen 4 borregos on the road to date and I stopped the owners to ask their opinion and across the board they all love them and feel like they found this awesome gem that nobody knows about. Count me in as one the those satisfied and fortunate few owners of the Borrego.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next