2009 Volvo C30

An adult "Boy Racer". by Ed east of Akron, OH on 06/24/2013. Trim: 2009 Volvo C30 T5, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Plenty of power for a smallish car. Great mileage if you keep it below 2500 rpm, which is easy to do with a 1500 rpm torque peak.
Cons: Small hatch opening.
Overall review: I truly enjoy driving this car. Very comfortable seating. Deceptively large cabin. If you don't want to get looked at, don't buy this car.
In a Class of Its Own by Fort Collins, Colorado on 07/01/2012. Trim: 2009 Volvo C30 T5 R-Design, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Comfort, Features, Style, Speed, Unique
Cons: Small Fuel Tank (Not too small, but a little annoying) , Low Front Body Kit, Surround Sound Gets Distracting (Can be turned off)
Overall review: I own a black 2009 Volvo C30 R-Design and it is amazing! I've owned it for about 7 months now. No mechanical troubles so far. When I started looking at this car, I was hoping for a safe sports car, but I got way more than that. This car's styling is absolutely amazing, and heads will turn. My only complaint about the styling is the low front body kit on the R-Design. Trouble comes with speed bumps, getting into driveways, and dips in the road. These are easily overcome though. The seats so far are very comfortable. The ride a litlle harsh at times, but that is due to the R-Design's sport suspension. The interior is great. Settings are easily accesible through the center console, and the dash is set up so you are not overwhelmed with information. Tons of room in the trunk. Please don't compare this to a Mini. This car is not just a hot hatch, but is so much more. This car is definitley in a class of its own. Be warned, they sell fast!
"Stop comparing me to a Mini", roared the C30. by Volvotoriously Tacoman on 01/31/2010. Trim: 2009 Volvo C30 T5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Simple...ly awesome ! Perfect combination of style and performance ! Excellent choice for the minimalist with a wild hair. Style which growls and purrs simultaneously !
Cons: Manual seat operation a slight bit more difficult that the norm. AWD would be a killer fit.
Overall review: Me likey !!
Great, Stylish Little Red Ride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/25/2009. Trim: 2009 Volvo C30 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I really love this little car. It is actually more peppy than my MB C230 Kompressor. It has plenty of room in the front. All the controls are easily accessible. The C30 looks great and handles great.
Cons: Car has wind noise coming from the windows. Dealership has not been able to correct but I consider this minor. The rear compartment needs a cover but I realize they now this and have used it to sell another accessory. I guess this is the American way:) There is a slight knock below my feet on drivers side if my foot is flat to the floor when braking. Dealership states this is where the subframe is bolted. Who knows but it is a very minor thing!!!
Overall review: Overall, this is a great little car. We have had several Volvos including a '98 S90, '02 C70, & 2 S80s. This is a fun little car to drive and is easy to zip in & out of traffic. I am considering purchasing a 2010 for my other half...lol.
Volvo.....for life. by Jared from Missouri on 07/18/2009. Trim: 2009 Volvo C30 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fantastic car for the money. Performance is surprising, as quick as my old 5.0L Mustang!! Styling is great, everyone loves the look of the rear end. Quality, fit and finish are as good as any I've seen....including BMW. Probably the safest small car on the road. I have 6500 miles on it and have have an average fuel economy of 29.4 mpg with the 6 spd automatic trans.
Cons: I can't think of a single thing.........and that is unusual for me.
Overall review: Just a great car for the money, high quality, great performance, comfortable ride and drive. Super safe for a small car, great gas mileage, excellent utility in the hatchback/wagon, fits a ton of groceries in the back.