2009 Mazda Tribute Hybrid

2009 Mazda Tribute Hybrid Prices
2009 Mazda Tribute Hybrid Fuel Economy
1 - 1 of 1 review
An environmentally kinder SUV by Electric lover from Claremont on 08/28/2008. Trim: 2009 Mazda Tribute Hybrid Touring HEV 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've only had it 3 months and so far there's been no major problems. I love the fact that when you're sitting in traffic or at a red light that seems to last forever you're not wasting gas or pumping out pollutants. The stereo has an aux input, something I find essential for mp3 player and dvd audio. The display that tells you things like average mpg and miles left till empty is cool.
Cons: It has good gas mileage for an SUV but the average mpg so far is only up to 27.8 which is less than I expected but that could be because someone in the family has a lead foot...honey! One of the things I'd change about it are an extra row of seats would be nice, at the moment you have to pay an another $10k for a Highlander to get that. The other thing is the styling, it's very brick-like, I prefer the sleeker looks of the crossovers, although you do sacrifice some space for that. It would be better for the gas mileage if the a/c would run on battery power alone when stationary. The brake release is set too low down, the designer must have had ape like arms.
Overall review: Generally a good buy if you don't mind the dated styling. Incidentally, Mazda need to market it better, I found plenty of these available locally despite the very limited release and high demand for gas misers right now, I even got a discount on it, not that I'm complaining. Overall I would recommend it for someone who wants an environmentally kinder SUV.
Review ID: #531925 Is this review offensive?
1 - 1 of 1 review