2009 Volvo C70

Great Hard Top Convertible! by Southern California Mom on 09/17/2011. Trim: 2009 Volvo C70 T5, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very fun car to drive! Handling is great--sometimes is a little 'loose' in tight corners but overall pretty solid. I wanted a convertible that I felt safe driving my kids around in-the doors are solid & heavy (compared to other cars) and has side air bags & rear seat roll over bars. The car is stylish & looks great with the top down--I've had lots of compliments on this car! The front seats are comfortable & the sound system is very good. I looked/test drove several convertibles (Lexus, Infinity, VW, BMW) before buying the Volvo. Volvo had better trunk space, didn't require premium fuel & had the 5 year/50000 mile warranty where Volvo covers pretty much all service/repair needs-terrific!
Cons: I wish the gas mileage was a little better (I get 17 mpg/city with the top mostly down) but with a 'heavier' car, this is probably the trade-off. Headlights on 'low' beams seem a little 'off'' but the dealer says they meet factory specification', chassis can be a little stiff/creaky when car is cold, rear seats are great for younger kids but cramped for full-size teenagers/adults.
Overall review: I love this car!! After driving a minivan for 10 years, the C70 is a fun, sporty car to drive that is perfect for southern California!! When I purchased this car, it was between the Volvo C70 and the Lexus IS350. The Lexus had slightly better handling and more rear passenger room but it required premium fuel (according to the dealer's salesman), had less trunk space than the Volvo, had a higher price than the Volvo (I got a great deal on the Volvo) and did not offer any maintenace (Volvo's 5 year/50,000 mile plan pays for all required servicing and any repairs. As the salesman said, the only thing it doesn't cover is gas, windshield blades and tires). This was a HUGE benefit over the Lexus!! I am completely happy with my Volvo C70-- I love this car!!
Beauty May Only Be Skin Deep! by Maggie from Bluegrass Country on 05/22/2011. Trim: 2009 Volvo C70 T5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I wanted a convertible that was not small in body. I decided on the VOLVO C70 because it is larger. The styling is very attractive--inside and out--I am a female and just wanted a cute reliable convertible to drive around town.
Cons: I have had nothing but trouble with my retractable convertible top. No trouble in getting it down, but seems like every other time I put it down, it won't come back up. Have to take it to the dealership. Hopefully, after being in for service on the top this past week, and a sensor being replaced, I will be free of the problem. What if it starts raining and you can't get your top up?!?! Gas mileage isn't too good. Turn signals usually have to be turned off manually unless it is a real hard turn .
Overall review: I've lost confidence in the convertible working properly. I would not buy another retractable hardtop. Too bad the State of Kentucky does not have a Lemon Law on used vehicles bought from a Volvo Dealership. Plus, when I said I wanted to turn the car back in, they insulted me with what the dealership would allow for the automobile.
Survival by Alarmingfriend on 09/06/2009. Trim: 2009 Volvo C70 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: After owning a 2007 C-70, and getting T-boned by a guy in a full sized van doing 50 mph, this car is the safest sportiest perfomer anyone could ever own. Not one scratch on me, the car was totaled. Impact was on the drives front quarter panel and drivers door, pushed me into a telephone pole impacting the passengers rear quarter panel.
Cons: There are no cons: Survival
Overall review: Buy this car, Drive this car, Survive in this car. I now own the 2009 C-70 it screams Thank you Volvo
The Best Car EVER by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/29/2009. Trim: 2009 Volvo C70 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling and drives great. I love that Volvo offers a hard top convertible since I have two cars in one.
Cons: So far there is nothing I don't like.
Overall review: I would encourage anyone that wants a new car to get one. Three words describe it for me: I love it!!
Do not recommand by Frank on 08/23/2009. Trim: 2009 Volvo C70 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great space for the category, Good Looking, Quiet Engine
Cons: Fragile chassis, chassis and suspension and roof generate a lot of noise. Transmission jerking when decelarate. Roof leaking.
Overall review: See Saab 93 or VW Eos wich have chassis adapted for a convertible.